John Ary's Video Review Of KICK-ASS 2!!
John Ary here with a spoiler-free look at Kick-Ass 2, a superhero fantasy movie that seems to emanate from the imagination of a 15-year old boy that constantly gets Ds in English class.
Let me be upfront with you. After editing my review and then reading Beak's take on the film, I think he does a much better job at explaining why Jeff Wadlow's latest simply doesn't work.
In the pursuit of giving a spoiler-free opinion, I wasn't able to go into detail about how the narrative doesn't understand its own themes and only pays lip service to lofty comic book virtues like bravery, taking responsibility for your actions and honesty. If you don't mind a few spoilers, please read the Beaks review, as he nails this film's problems with a pithy panache.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 272 total posts 207 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 131 total posts 70 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 421 total posts 65 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 275 total posts 46 posts
- Fox To Remake LAURA With A Screenplay By James Ellroy! -- 53 total posts 32 posts
- Lionsgate to bring us Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. zombies in MAGGIE come early 2015! -- 203 total posts 20 posts
- BIG HERO 6 Coming To Disney Infinity 2.0!! And STAR WARS!? -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts