WTF of the day: Not excited for KICK-ASS 2 and can't wait for ANT-MAN? Well, thank Denmark for ANTBOY!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
We have yet another TIFF trailer leading up to the festival next month, this one being the oddest by a mile. This one has a twelve year-old kid who, after being bitten by a magic ant, gets some superpowers and pulls a KICK-ASS/SPIDER-MAN, taking it upon himself to use said powers to take down bad guys. I like the style, the subversion of cliched comic book tropes, and the surprisingly sincere tone. I can't decide whether this is a honest-to-god children's movie, or a savvy, brave spin on a tried-and-true genre using really young kids. Make your own conclusions.
ANTBOY will play at TIFF next month, and will be released in Denmark on October 3rd. Let's see if it picks up a U.S. distributor!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 118 total posts 35 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 30 total posts 20 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 183 total posts 19 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 311 total posts 16 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 58 total posts 16 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 187 total posts 12 posts
- Latino Review’s El Mayimbe aka Umberto Gonzalez is set to direct the digital actioner, BREAKNECK! -- 19 total posts 12 posts
- Trailer for OUT OF PRINT, a documentary about the New Beverly Theater and the importance of preserving 35mm exhibition! -- 35 total posts 9 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 69 total posts 8 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 69 total posts 8 posts