The Behind the Scenes Pics of the Day has always valued its lifelessness.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Return to Oz straight up fucked my shit up when I was a kid. That movie was made in Disney's dark period as they were wandering lost in the wilderness, their always trustworthy animated films misfiring and their business end in confusion.
Naturally that means I'm fascinated about the films of this era now. I miss dark Disney, even the bizarre, train-wrecky Black Cauldron.
But there's nothing more fucked up than Return to Oz. Not Black Hole, not Something Wicked This Way Comes... nothing. Wheelers, the Nome King, that goddamn head-switching witch that screams “Dorothy Gaaaaaaaaaalllleeee” like a messed up horror movie villain.
I legit wonder what Walt Disney would think of the movie. He had been trying to make a Wizard of Oz sequel since the '50s and over the decades and past his death that project evolved to Return to Oz. I bet he'd hate it, but even though it scarred me (maybe because it did) I love the movie.
Below you're going to see the creepy Nome King, which on his own would have been the childhood destroying character in any other movie and is just yet another nightmare unleashed by Return to Oz, being brought to life via the miracle of stop motion. Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s behind the scenes pic finishes out the run of Disney images with one that the studio is more comfortable forgetting.
I've got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here for Page One and Click here for Page Two!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 516 total posts 130 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 291 total posts 113 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 209 total posts 64 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1494 total posts 51 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 78 total posts 45 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 54 total posts 44 posts
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 734 total posts 43 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 186 total posts 41 posts
- A Preview Of SQUICKERWONKERS!! A New Book From LOST’s Evangeline Lilly - She's Bringing It To Comic Con This Week!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts