Ever wanted to see Woody Allen pimp John Turturro out to ladies like Sharon Stone and Sofia Vergara? Well then, peep this trailer for FADING GIGOLO!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
John Turturro and Woody Allen have worked together twice before; Turturro had a bit part in HANNAH AND HER SISTERS, and they both had colorful supporting roles in 2000's COMPANY MAN. But the two New Yorkers have teamed up for their most significant collaboration yet, as an elder pimp and his upstart male prostitue in Turturro's most recent directorial outing, FADING GIGOLO. We have the trailer below, and it certainly seems more lighthearted and, dare-I-say, Allen-esque than Turturro's own films, like ROMANCE & CIGARETTES and ILLUMINATA. While Allen's one-liners aren't the sharpest we've ever seen from the legendary comedian-actor-director, it is always a joy to see the guy in front of the camera; this is is only his third acting role in the past 10 years, and his first for another director since COMPANY MAN. The trailer also gives us a look at Sharon Stone, Sofia Vergara, and Vanessa Paradis, who play three of Turturro's clients, and the supporting cast also includes Liev Schreiber, Bob Balaban, Aida Turturro, and Michael Badalucco.
I found ROMANCE & CIGARETTES to be a brave, moving experiment, and I'm fascinated by the idea of Turturro and Allen headlining a movie together. I'm not over the wall for this trailer, but I am holding my breath to hear word on the actual film when it premieres in Toronto in a month. I mean, there's no way this is anything less than at least casually entertaining and chuckle-inducing, right?
FADING GIGOLO doesn't have a U.S. release date yet, but will premiere at TIFF next month.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts