Neil Jordan's Ending To THE BORGIAS Coming To ePublications This Week!!
Showtime’s THE BORGIAS is no longer on television - and its departure was a tad confusing.
We’d gotten the distinct impression that the show would enjoy a fourth Season, then came word that it would end after its most recent (third) batch of episodes. At this point it was looking like a subsequent two hour TV movie would wrap up the whole shebang.
THEN we learned that said TV movie wasn’t happening...and that the final episode of THE BORGIAS Season 3 (now transmitted) would be the end of the road.
Except that it isn’t.
Showtime’s Twitter stream has revealed that series overlord Neil Jordan (THE CRYING GAME, INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE) had already scripted the two hour Borgia finale before it was canned; this material is now being ported into an e title called THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE, which will be available this week through various e-retailers.
Per their elongated Tweet...
Breaking #Borgias News! SHOWTIME and THE BORGIAS creator Neil Jordan are excited to announce the release of his new e-book, THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE, based on his original script for THE BORGIAS two-hour finale. THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE will be available this week via major e-retailers. We're thrilled that the series' loyal fans will have the opportunity to read Neil's final farewell to one of history's most infamous families.
I enjoyed the hell out of THE BORGIAS, and applauded its unapologetic decadency and sometimes shattering violence. I was also taken by surprise, time and time again, by the sense of heart the show demonstrated. Amidst so much immorality and selfishness and spiritual decay - there was love and pathos to be found. It was an often stunning tale in terms of its ideas and subtexts and its exploration of faiths of all natures, and was easily one of the most physically attractive shows on television in recent years.
I’m sorry to see it go away, although I suspect we’ll come across a number of its amazing cast - Francois Arnaud, Holliday Grabnger, David Oakes, Sean Harris (PROMETHEUS!), and that Jeremy Irons guy - again in the very near future.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 41 total posts 39 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 173 total posts 31 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 57 total posts 31 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 132 total posts 28 posts
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 194 total posts 17 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Jude Law spies a role alongside Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham in SUSAN COOPER! -- 27 total posts 15 posts
- Are You Primed For Optimus’ TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster?? -- 160 total posts 15 posts
- 10 Movies Not To Miss At SXSW 2014! -- 23 total posts 15 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 40 total posts 15 posts