Neil Jordan's Ending To THE BORGIAS Coming To ePublications This Week!!
Showtime’s THE BORGIAS is no longer on television - and its departure was a tad confusing.
We’d gotten the distinct impression that the show would enjoy a fourth Season, then came word that it would end after its most recent (third) batch of episodes. At this point it was looking like a subsequent two hour TV movie would wrap up the whole shebang.
THEN we learned that said TV movie wasn’t happening...and that the final episode of THE BORGIAS Season 3 (now transmitted) would be the end of the road.
Except that it isn’t.
Showtime’s Twitter stream has revealed that series overlord Neil Jordan (THE CRYING GAME, INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE) had already scripted the two hour Borgia finale before it was canned; this material is now being ported into an e title called THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE, which will be available this week through various e-retailers.
Per their elongated Tweet...
Breaking #Borgias News! SHOWTIME and THE BORGIAS creator Neil Jordan are excited to announce the release of his new e-book, THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE, based on his original script for THE BORGIAS two-hour finale. THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE will be available this week via major e-retailers. We're thrilled that the series' loyal fans will have the opportunity to read Neil's final farewell to one of history's most infamous families.
I enjoyed the hell out of THE BORGIAS, and applauded its unapologetic decadency and sometimes shattering violence. I was also taken by surprise, time and time again, by the sense of heart the show demonstrated. Amidst so much immorality and selfishness and spiritual decay - there was love and pathos to be found. It was an often stunning tale in terms of its ideas and subtexts and its exploration of faiths of all natures, and was easily one of the most physically attractive shows on television in recent years.
I’m sorry to see it go away, although I suspect we’ll come across a number of its amazing cast - Francois Arnaud, Holliday Grabnger, David Oakes, Sean Harris (PROMETHEUS!), and that Jeremy Irons guy - again in the very near future.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 127 total posts 84 posts
- Trailer for Gregg Araki's WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, Starring Shailene Woodley and Eva Green! -- 79 total posts 73 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 151 total posts 73 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 202 total posts 69 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- Trailer for NIGHTCRAWLER! "If it bleeds, it leads!" -- 80 total posts 36 posts
- Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM to be directed by someone...who's directed Harry Potter movies! -- 118 total posts 30 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 305 total posts 24 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 349 total posts 16 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 180 total posts 14 posts