Neil Jordan's Ending To THE BORGIAS Coming To ePublications This Week!!
Showtime’s THE BORGIAS is no longer on television - and its departure was a tad confusing.
We’d gotten the distinct impression that the show would enjoy a fourth Season, then came word that it would end after its most recent (third) batch of episodes. At this point it was looking like a subsequent two hour TV movie would wrap up the whole shebang.
THEN we learned that said TV movie wasn’t happening...and that the final episode of THE BORGIAS Season 3 (now transmitted) would be the end of the road.
Except that it isn’t.
Showtime’s Twitter stream has revealed that series overlord Neil Jordan (THE CRYING GAME, INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE) had already scripted the two hour Borgia finale before it was canned; this material is now being ported into an e title called THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE, which will be available this week through various e-retailers.
Per their elongated Tweet...
Breaking #Borgias News! SHOWTIME and THE BORGIAS creator Neil Jordan are excited to announce the release of his new e-book, THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE, based on his original script for THE BORGIAS two-hour finale. THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE will be available this week via major e-retailers. We're thrilled that the series' loyal fans will have the opportunity to read Neil's final farewell to one of history's most infamous families.
I enjoyed the hell out of THE BORGIAS, and applauded its unapologetic decadency and sometimes shattering violence. I was also taken by surprise, time and time again, by the sense of heart the show demonstrated. Amidst so much immorality and selfishness and spiritual decay - there was love and pathos to be found. It was an often stunning tale in terms of its ideas and subtexts and its exploration of faiths of all natures, and was easily one of the most physically attractive shows on television in recent years.
I’m sorry to see it go away, although I suspect we’ll come across a number of its amazing cast - Francois Arnaud, Holliday Grabnger, David Oakes, Sean Harris (PROMETHEUS!), and that Jeremy Irons guy - again in the very near future.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 417 total posts 80 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 165 total posts 35 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 42 total posts 34 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 62 total posts 33 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 59 total posts 23 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 85 total posts 17 posts
- Ron Howard will attempt to discover THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR! -- 32 total posts 17 posts