Neil Jordan's Ending To THE BORGIAS Coming To ePublications This Week!!
Showtime’s THE BORGIAS is no longer on television - and its departure was a tad confusing.
We’d gotten the distinct impression that the show would enjoy a fourth Season, then came word that it would end after its most recent (third) batch of episodes. At this point it was looking like a subsequent two hour TV movie would wrap up the whole shebang.
THEN we learned that said TV movie wasn’t happening...and that the final episode of THE BORGIAS Season 3 (now transmitted) would be the end of the road.
Except that it isn’t.
Showtime’s Twitter stream has revealed that series overlord Neil Jordan (THE CRYING GAME, INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE) had already scripted the two hour Borgia finale before it was canned; this material is now being ported into an e title called THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE, which will be available this week through various e-retailers.
Per their elongated Tweet...
Breaking #Borgias News! SHOWTIME and THE BORGIAS creator Neil Jordan are excited to announce the release of his new e-book, THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE, based on his original script for THE BORGIAS two-hour finale. THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE will be available this week via major e-retailers. We're thrilled that the series' loyal fans will have the opportunity to read Neil's final farewell to one of history's most infamous families.
I enjoyed the hell out of THE BORGIAS, and applauded its unapologetic decadency and sometimes shattering violence. I was also taken by surprise, time and time again, by the sense of heart the show demonstrated. Amidst so much immorality and selfishness and spiritual decay - there was love and pathos to be found. It was an often stunning tale in terms of its ideas and subtexts and its exploration of faiths of all natures, and was easily one of the most physically attractive shows on television in recent years.
I’m sorry to see it go away, although I suspect we’ll come across a number of its amazing cast - Francois Arnaud, Holliday Grabnger, David Oakes, Sean Harris (PROMETHEUS!), and that Jeremy Irons guy - again in the very near future.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 106 total posts 22 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 308 total posts 13 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 177 total posts 13 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 53 total posts 11 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 185 total posts 10 posts
- Latino Review’s El Mayimbe aka Umberto Gonzalez is set to direct the digital actioner, BREAKNECK! -- 14 total posts 7 posts
- Trailer for OUT OF PRINT, a documentary about the New Beverly Theater and the importance of preserving 35mm exhibition! -- 33 total posts 7 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 66 total posts 5 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 75 total posts 5 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 143 total posts 5 posts