Neil Jordan's Ending To THE BORGIAS Coming To ePublications This Week!!
Showtime’s THE BORGIAS is no longer on television - and its departure was a tad confusing.
We’d gotten the distinct impression that the show would enjoy a fourth Season, then came word that it would end after its most recent (third) batch of episodes. At this point it was looking like a subsequent two hour TV movie would wrap up the whole shebang.
THEN we learned that said TV movie wasn’t happening...and that the final episode of THE BORGIAS Season 3 (now transmitted) would be the end of the road.
Except that it isn’t.
Showtime’s Twitter stream has revealed that series overlord Neil Jordan (THE CRYING GAME, INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE) had already scripted the two hour Borgia finale before it was canned; this material is now being ported into an e title called THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE, which will be available this week through various e-retailers.
Per their elongated Tweet...
Breaking #Borgias News! SHOWTIME and THE BORGIAS creator Neil Jordan are excited to announce the release of his new e-book, THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE, based on his original script for THE BORGIAS two-hour finale. THE BORGIA APOCALYPSE will be available this week via major e-retailers. We're thrilled that the series' loyal fans will have the opportunity to read Neil's final farewell to one of history's most infamous families.
I enjoyed the hell out of THE BORGIAS, and applauded its unapologetic decadency and sometimes shattering violence. I was also taken by surprise, time and time again, by the sense of heart the show demonstrated. Amidst so much immorality and selfishness and spiritual decay - there was love and pathos to be found. It was an often stunning tale in terms of its ideas and subtexts and its exploration of faiths of all natures, and was easily one of the most physically attractive shows on television in recent years.
I’m sorry to see it go away, although I suspect we’ll come across a number of its amazing cast - Francois Arnaud, Holliday Grabnger, David Oakes, Sean Harris (PROMETHEUS!), and that Jeremy Irons guy - again in the very near future.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 438 total posts 52 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 225 total posts 47 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1479 total posts 36 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 179 total posts 34 posts
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 723 total posts 32 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 22 total posts 12 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 157 total posts 12 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 41 total posts 8 posts
- AICN COMICS Q&@: Russ Sheath talks to artist Humberto Ramos about his new sketchbook MY MARVELS: Vol 2! -- 8 total posts 8 posts
- Jake Gyllenhaal Sells Himself In Viral Teaser For Dan Gilroy's NIGHTCRAWLER! -- 49 total posts 8 posts