NOW YOU SEE ME 2 on the way!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
Lionsgate CEO, Jon Feltheimer, confirmed that they are indeed moving forward with a sequel to this summer’s sleeper hit, NOW YOU SEE ME. No word yet on any cast members that are returning, if director Louis Leterrier will be back or if it will be logically titled NOW YOU DON’T. They are planning on having production underway next year in order to meet a release in 2015.
NOW YOU SEE ME is expected to make about $275 million worldwide on a budget of $75 million so it made some money. But Summit should have learned from the failure of RED 2 this summer and know when to quit when you are ahead. I didn’t see NOW YOU SEE ME so I don’t know if it lends itself to having a sequel, but RED was a nice sleeper hit that didn’t set the world on fire, it had some legs though and made a little money. Summit then thought that a sequel was a good idea. When RED 2 came out last month, it got overshadowed and audiences for the most part ignored it. I could definitely see something like that happening with a sequel to NOW YOU SEE ME. I know most people enjoyed it but I haven’t heard anybody clamoring for a sequel. (I have heard many people clamoring for a sequel to the other Woody Harrelson-Jesse Eisenberg film though.)
What do you guys think? Did you like NOW YOU SEE ME? Does it warrant a sequel?
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 467 total posts 7 posts
- EXCLUSIVE: Who's the voice of that stunning stinger character after the credits of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY? -- 83 total posts 7 posts
- ‘Here, Baby Baby!!’ WALKING DEAD Walking Schmed!! Syfy Releases Promo For Z NATION!! -- 18 total posts 1 post
- Capone has details on and the full line-up for a new Chicago-area horror film festival presented by Mr. Bruce Campbell!!! -- 22 total posts 1 post
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 299 total posts 1 post