NOW YOU SEE ME 2 on the way!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
Lionsgate CEO, Jon Feltheimer, confirmed that they are indeed moving forward with a sequel to this summer’s sleeper hit, NOW YOU SEE ME. No word yet on any cast members that are returning, if director Louis Leterrier will be back or if it will be logically titled NOW YOU DON’T. They are planning on having production underway next year in order to meet a release in 2015.
NOW YOU SEE ME is expected to make about $275 million worldwide on a budget of $75 million so it made some money. But Summit should have learned from the failure of RED 2 this summer and know when to quit when you are ahead. I didn’t see NOW YOU SEE ME so I don’t know if it lends itself to having a sequel, but RED was a nice sleeper hit that didn’t set the world on fire, it had some legs though and made a little money. Summit then thought that a sequel was a good idea. When RED 2 came out last month, it got overshadowed and audiences for the most part ignored it. I could definitely see something like that happening with a sequel to NOW YOU SEE ME. I know most people enjoyed it but I haven’t heard anybody clamoring for a sequel. (I have heard many people clamoring for a sequel to the other Woody Harrelson-Jesse Eisenberg film though.)
What do you guys think? Did you like NOW YOU SEE ME? Does it warrant a sequel?
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 124 total posts 124 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 247 total posts 114 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 116 total posts 109 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 108 total posts 64 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 297 total posts 59 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 406 total posts 55 posts
- Behold The Probably Offensive But Kinda Cool DEAD SNOW 2 Poster!! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 103 total posts 25 posts
- Showtime Renews MASTERS OF SEX And RAY DONOVAN For Third Seasons!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts