No PARANORMAL ACTIVITY in 2013 - But you will get two different PARANORMAL ACTIVITY films in 2014!!!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
We finally have some clarity on what Paramount is doing with the PARANORMAL ACTIVITY franchise. We previously knew that Paramount wanted a Latin spin-off and that is now titled PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES (sounds like a DTV title to me) and is dated for January 3, 2014. Paramount is trying to re-create not just the success they have had with the PARANORMAL ACTIVITY franchise, but also the $33 million opening that THE DEVIL INSIDE did for them in January of 2012.
Now what does this mean for a direct sequel to PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4? Fear not (no pun intended), as Paramount has also dated PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5 for October 24, 2014. So this means that this is the first year in ten years that we are not getting a SAW or PARANORMAL ACTIVITY film this Halloween. To make up for that though, Paramount will be delivering two PARANORMAL ACTIVITY films in 2014.
These films are obviously an easy investment to make for Paramount and are always profitable. But, after the lackluster (to say the least) response to PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4 and the time between the films, I doubt they are ever going to be able to replicate the success they experienced with the first three films in the franchise. I am not sure there are a lot of people who still care about PARANORMAL ACTIVITY but I guess we will see this coming January.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts