Check out the Trailer for George Clooney's THE MONUMENTS MEN!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
A trailer has arrived for George Clooney's next directorial effort, THE MONUMENTS MEN. Set in World War II, this historical piece tells the story of an unlikely platoon of soldiers tasked by FDR to go into Germany and recover the various art pieces that the Nazis had been acquiring throughout the war. Clooney co-wrote the script with Grant Heslov (THE IDES OF MARCH; GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK), based on the book by Robert M. Edsel.
While he trailer looks to be selling the movie partly on the inclusion of everybody's favorite Ocean's Eleven-style banter, it looks like it could be a really interesting story. These guys weren't soldiers - they were art historians, museum directors and curators, tasked with a mission of incredible cultural significance. As Clooney's character says in the trailer, ”if you destroy an entire generation of people’s culture, it’s as if they never existed."
That being said, it does look like the writing team is aiming for something a bit more light-hearted than some of their other recent efforts, and isn't taking the heavy-handed approach with this story. In an interview with USA Today, Clooney states, "Grant and I were looking to do a film that was less cynical than a lot of the films we do."
Plus, when you have a cast that includes George Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Bob Balaban and Cate Blanchett, sign me up.
Here's the full plot synopsis:
Based on the true story of the greatest treasure hunt in history, The Monuments Men is an action-thriller focusing on an unlikely World War II platoon, tasked by FDR with going into Germany to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves and returning them to their rightful owners. It would be an impossible mission: with the art trapped behind enemy lines, and with the German army under orders to destroy everything as the Reich fell, how could these guys – seven museum directors, curators, and art historians, all more familiar with Michelangelo than the M-1 – possibly hope to succeed? But as the Monuments Men, as they were called, found themselves in a race against time to avoid the destruction of 1000 years of culture, they would risk their lives to protect and defend mankind’s greatest achievements.
THE MONUMENTS MEN opens on December 18th. Check out the trailer below:
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 514 total posts 44 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 466 total posts 39 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 228 total posts 19 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 38 total posts 8 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 190 total posts 6 posts
- Idris Elba On THE DAILY SHOW!! Ian McKellen On LETTERMAN!! Amy Adams On FALLON!! New RICK & MORTY, ALMOST HUMAN, CRYO, BROKE, MET, MOLLY, MOM, HOSTAGES, VOICE, MNF & RAW!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 221 total posts 4 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 70 total posts 3 posts
LOW WINTER SUN
2013-2013 -- 39 total posts 2 posts