I don’t know… The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day is just making it up as it goes.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with the glorious return of the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day column! Rejoice one and all, for the column to top all columns in geek history has returned!
Okay, that might be overstating things a tad bit, but I love this column dearly and while I’ve been on a BTS vacation the itch to post and talk about these various images has only grown in strength.
If we’re going to return, I figured we’d go with one of my favorite images from the many BTS files I have stored up. I have very vivid memories of watching the fist-fight scene between Indiana Jones and the bald hulking Nazi from Raiders of the Lost Ark. As a child something about the redness of the blood on both Indy’s face and the Nazi’s as the two men beat the shit out of each other really hit me deep down. I was more disturbed by that than Mola Ram ripping out a dude’s heart for some reason.
I guess it has something to do with how it’s not at all an atmospherically shot. The fight happens in harsh desert daylight… and of course it ends with a huge splash of red… my young mind imagining that Nazi brute getting shredded by the propeller, which is so much worse than whatever Spielberg could have filmed.
So, it’s not only a great moment in a great film, that fight scene put its mark on me at an impressionable age, so when I dug up this photo it went right into my favorites folder!
Here we have Steven Spielberg in mock battle with Pat Roach in what I’m guessing is during the blocking of the fight scene. If I’m not mistaken this image comes from J.W. Rinzler’s great The Complete Making of Indiana Jones book. Click on that to buy it if you like good making of books, by the way. Rinzler always knocks it out of the park… can’t wait for his Making of Return of the Jedi book coming out later this year!
Anyway, enjoy the shot and welcome back to the BTS column!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s BTS pic is quite mean.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 88 total posts 36 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 68 total posts 16 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 121 total posts 14 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 63 total posts 10 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 32 total posts 10 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 245 total posts 8 posts
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 343 total posts 7 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 60 total posts 7 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 274 total posts 6 posts
- Character posters for Liam Hemsworth, Natalie Dormer, and more of the resistance from HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY! -- 59 total posts 6 posts