I don’t know… The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day is just making it up as it goes.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with the glorious return of the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day column! Rejoice one and all, for the column to top all columns in geek history has returned!
Okay, that might be overstating things a tad bit, but I love this column dearly and while I’ve been on a BTS vacation the itch to post and talk about these various images has only grown in strength.
If we’re going to return, I figured we’d go with one of my favorite images from the many BTS files I have stored up. I have very vivid memories of watching the fist-fight scene between Indiana Jones and the bald hulking Nazi from Raiders of the Lost Ark. As a child something about the redness of the blood on both Indy’s face and the Nazi’s as the two men beat the shit out of each other really hit me deep down. I was more disturbed by that than Mola Ram ripping out a dude’s heart for some reason.
I guess it has something to do with how it’s not at all an atmospherically shot. The fight happens in harsh desert daylight… and of course it ends with a huge splash of red… my young mind imagining that Nazi brute getting shredded by the propeller, which is so much worse than whatever Spielberg could have filmed.
So, it’s not only a great moment in a great film, that fight scene put its mark on me at an impressionable age, so when I dug up this photo it went right into my favorites folder!
Here we have Steven Spielberg in mock battle with Pat Roach in what I’m guessing is during the blocking of the fight scene. If I’m not mistaken this image comes from J.W. Rinzler’s great The Complete Making of Indiana Jones book. Click on that to buy it if you like good making of books, by the way. Rinzler always knocks it out of the park… can’t wait for his Making of Return of the Jedi book coming out later this year!
Anyway, enjoy the shot and welcome back to the BTS column!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s BTS pic is quite mean.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 228 total posts 228 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 180 total posts 180 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 124 total posts 123 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 199 total posts 115 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 109 total posts 66 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 218 total posts 54 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 348 total posts 53 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 58 total posts 46 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 104 total posts 43 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 85 total posts 36 posts