Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an early screening of WE'RE THE MILLERS!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
You may have read this in other places, particularly if you live in Chicago, but in my humble estimation, the toughest crowd/venue for any comedic film to play in this city is the Lake Street Screening Room, where Chicago critics gather every so often to watch all variety of movies in a given week. But for some reason, comedies typically go there to die; it's uncomfortable sometimes, and I don't know what a studio would even take the risk in screening one of their mainstream comedic efforts there instead of with a public audience, but that's exactly what happened a couple weeks ago, when WE'RE THE MILLERS played there in the middle of the day. And imagine my surprise when the smaller audience of largely hardened critics began giggling and launching into larger fits of laughter on a regular basis pretty much straight through. Now it's your turn
I've got 100 reserved seats for Chicago-area Ain't it Cool News readers for a screening of WE'RE MILLERS (starring Jason Sudekis, Jennifer Anniston, Emma Roberts, Will Poulter, Nick Offerman, Ed Helms, Kathryn Hahn, Thomas Lennon, and so many more) taking place Monday, August 5 at 7pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will not only be given to winners).
Send me an email at MillersChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Spider Bite!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (winners can bring one guest, whose name is not required), and the answer to the following question: "What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you on a road trip, and why?" The word limit on this answer is 75 words or less (anything over that goes in the trash.) The most interesting answers (as judged by me) will win. Winners will hear from me soon.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool screening, winners will have reserved seats until 6:45pm, at which time any unclaimed seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter.
I want you to read the previous paragraph and this paragraph very carefully. We've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, so the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the black list will become your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Warner Bros. for giving us this awesome screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 191 total posts 191 posts
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 681 total posts 140 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 77 total posts 50 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 46 total posts 41 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 72 total posts 29 posts
- Our first clip from the VERONICA MARS movie! Plus, a release date!! -- 50 total posts 26 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 66 total posts 21 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Earlier Versions Of THE DARK CRYSTAL...Probably Felt A Lot Like This!! -- 121 total posts 20 posts
- More pics of zombied-out Aubrey Plaza in LIFE AFTER BETH! -- 54 total posts 19 posts