Watch David Koechner get some CHEAP THRILLS at the expense of some sorry fellas in this red-band trailer!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Drafthouse Films has released a trailer for their SXSW pick-up, CHEAP THRILLS, and it does a good job of getting my spidey-senses a-tingling. The flick looks pretty fucked up and awesome, as our down-on-his-luck protagonist takes to doing increasingly out-there shit for money. We got David Koechner as the dude with the bankroll (and the clear case of psychosis) pushing these dudes to their limit, THE INNKEEPERS' duo of Pat Healy and Sara Paxton as the lead and Koechner's girlfriend, respectively, and Ethan Embry being way more VACANCY and not so much CAN'T HARDLY WAIT as Healy's buddy. This trailer gives you just enough of a taste of what Koechner puts these poor saps through, without giving you any payoffs, and merely hinting at the lengths our characters will go to for some of that proverbial "phat cash". This seems like a great, provocative conversation starter, and the dark recontextualization of these familiar faces (especially Koechner, who seems all-too-often relegated to the drunken hillbilly stereotype) is just a cherry on top. Looking forward to catching this one whenever Drafthouse rolls it out.
They went through all that trouble to bleep out Ethan Embry sayin' "cock", and they red-banded them anyway for the blood on Healy's shirt? What a gas.
CHEAP THRILLS will be released on VOD and (maybe) theatrically later this year.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 106 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 512 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts