WORLD WAR I(MAX)!!
When WORLD WAR Z opened in theaters this Summer, it did not open in IMAX - an interesting turn given the film’s impressive scale. A wrong soon to be righted from the sound of it, as The Powers That Be will be returning WWZ to screens. This time in IMAX 3D format - for one week only - beginning August 2.
I liked a lot about WORLD WAR Z...its urgency, atmosphere, its ferociousness and scope...although I think it stumbles considerably in its final third. It drifts...feels too...contained. Perhaps adhering to the picture’s original ending (HERE) would’ve more fully deliver on the “World War...” promised by its title? As is, we saw only hints of such large-scale combat/conflict (i.e. actual ‘war’ instead of humans being overrun en masse) in the film’s final, voice over moments. Intriguing...but perhaps could’ve been sold better?
Here’s a press release on WWZ’s reissuance...
PARAMOUNT PICTURES’ WORLD WAR Z INVADES SELECT DOMESTIC IMAX
® 3D THEATRES FOR THE FIRST TIME STARTING AUG. 2
LOS ANGELES – JULY 29, 2013 – IMAX Corporation (NYSE:IMAX; TSX:IMX), along with Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions in association with Hemisphere Media Capital and GK Films, today announced that due to overwhelming demand, the hit film World War Z starring Brad Pitt has been digitally re-mastered into the immersive IMAX® 3D format and will be released into select IMAX® theatres domestically for the first time for a one-week engagement beginning Aug. 2.
World War Z has captivated audiences worldwide – grossing more than $460 million since its launch on June 21. The film has already played in select IMAX theatres internationally.
World War Z revolves around an ex-United Nations investigator Gerry Lane (Pitt), who traverses the world in a race against time to stop a pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself. The film stars Pitt, Mireille Enos and James Badge Dale.
Paramount Pictures and Skydance Production present, in association with Hemisphere Media Capital and GK Films, a Plan B Entertainment/2DUX2 Production World War Z is directed by Marc Forster from a screenplay by Matthew Michael Carnahan and Drew Goddard & Damon Lindelof, and screen story by Matthew Michael Carnahan and J. Michael Straczynski. Based on the novel by Max Brooks. Produced by Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner and Ian Bryce.
The IMAX 3D release of World War Z has been digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images, coupled with IMAX’s customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio, create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.
For more information about World War Z, please visit Paramount’s official website at http://www.worldwarzmovie.com
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 163 total posts 163 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 258 total posts 157 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 260 total posts 122 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 111 total posts 111 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 156 total posts 65 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 115 total posts 59 posts
- Gaze Upon the Trailer for Tim Burton's BIG EYES! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 68 total posts 40 posts