Blu Season Four STAR TREK TNG!! Cheapest Blu RED DWARF, 30 FOR 30 & GLEE Ever!! Blu BANSHEE!! Blu BATES!! Blu BONES!! DEFIANCE!! DEXTER!! HONEYMOONERS!! NEW GIRL!! FAMILY TREE!! AVENGERS X 2!! SUPER 6!! HUNTED!! KENDRA!! TOUCHED!! BEAVERS!! PIZZA!! MIDSOMER!! RANGERS!! HULLABALLOO!! Supercheap BLADE!! HercVault!!
Herc’s Popular Pricing Pantry
From David Goyer, writer of “Batman Begins,” “Man Of Steel” and the upcoming Superman/Batman movie!! The complete series set for “Blade: The Series,” $37.49 in 2011 and $31.93 in March, just plummeted to $11.50!! (71% Off!!)
New This Week
The gorgeous “Star Trek: The Next Generation” complete fourth-season Blu-ray gives us our first HD look at the Trills, the Cardassians and Data’s pop. We hope to have a lot on its extras very soon.
“Banshee,” a cliché-happy brainchild of novelists David Schickler (“Kissing In Manhattan,” “Sweet and Vicious”) and Jonathan Tropper (“Plan B,” “The Book of Joe”), follows an ex-con who assumes the identity of a small Pennsylvania town’s new sheriff after the real lawman is murdered. Writer-director Alan Ball (“American Beauty,” “Six Feet Under,” “Towelhead,” “True Blood”) is aboard as producer.
The pay-cable fornication, nudity, gore and violence come early and often.
The ease with which the ex-con assumes the sheriff’s identity is absurd. It turns out one doesn’t have to do a lot more than pay $5,000 to a sassy, foul-mouthed Asian transvestite with a laptop.
The town of Banshee is in Pennsylvania Dutch country and its biggest mobster is a fellow with an Amish background. He likes to put a prairie bonnet on the head of the black girl who fellates him.
There’s an fight straight out of “Witness” and the cattle bolt-gun from “No Country For Old Men.” So it’s not what I’d call wildly original or creative.
The show can get pretty dopey. There are a handful of thugs who decide there will be no repercussions if they try to beat up the new sheriff in front of an armed and uniformed deputy.
The lone female deputy on the show is played by Trieste Kelly Dunn (“Canterbury’s Law”). None of her co-workers seems aware that she looks like a supermodel.
It’s not going on my DVR, but I confess I find “Banshee” more watchable than most of what’s on USA and TNT these days.
... Through two hours this all feels more artificial and cooked up than involving …
… It isn't really a town either so much as a place constructed in a pitch meeting … Welcome to Cinemax's "Banshee," population: Whatever it takes to keep this absurd storyline rolling. ... What it doesn't have, at least in the first two episodes, is anything new to say, about small towns, power, corruption, fear, crime or love. …
... “Banshee” has the audacity to behave as though its bloody violence, implausible set-up and studied ugliness are somehow vanguard television. In fact, it’s just more of the same. …
... You've probably seen it all before, but "Banshee," a new Cinemax action series, gives it a sexy new spin. …
... it's the characters of Banshee and their labyrinth of relationships that make the show an engrossing, entertaining portrait of a fictional small town. …
... isn’t half bad. The show doesn’t pretend to be anything more than what it is — a violent, sexy, somewhat cheesy, but generally entertaining genre drama …
... Yes, it can often sound like a pulp setup bound to go sideways, but Banshee ends up being taut, entertaining and smart enough, and you won’t completely turn your brain off. …
... The participation of "True Blood" producer Alan Ball raised expectations "Banshee" might be a tad more ambitious than the Cinemax dramas that have preceded it, but alas, no such luck.…
Dragons: Riders Of Berk Vol. 1/Vol. 2
Duck Dodgers 2.x
The Jack Benny Program: The Lost Episodes
Mystery Science Theater 3000 XXVII
Super Friends 5.x
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3.x
Touched By An Angel 8.x
The Vampire Diaries 4.x (Blu-ray)
Grimm 2.x (Blu-ray)
Harbor Command: The Complete Series
The Hollow Crown: The Complete Miniseries
The Mentalist 5.x
Sofia the First: Ready to Be a Princess
Top Gear: Worst Car in the History of the World
Two and a Half Men 10.x
New Girl 2.x NEW!!
Adventure Time Vol. 3 NEW!!
Bones 8.x NEW!!
Bones 8.x (Blu-ray) NEW!!
Defiance 1.x NEW!!
Defiance 1.x (Blu-ray) NEW!!
Gentle Ben 1.x NEW!!
Hart of Dixie 2.x
The Honeymooners: The Classic 39 Episodes (Blu-ray) NEW!!
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series
The IT Crowd: The Complete Series
Last of the Summer Wine: Vintage 2000
The New Three Stooges: Complete Cartoon Collection
The Partridge Family: The Complete Series NEW!!
Dexter 8.x NEW!!
Dexter 8.x (Blu-ray) NEW!!
Dexter: Complete Series NEW!!
Dexter: Complete Series Gift Set (Blu-ray) NEW!!
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 159 total posts 134 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 122 total posts 78 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 180 total posts 37 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 176 total posts 19 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 6 posts