Live in Chicago? Capone has a limited number of seats to an early screening of THE WORLD'S END with Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg & Nick Frost Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
For those of you who did not win tickets to the upcoming Music Box Theatre double-bill screening of SHAUN OF THE DEAD and HOT FUZZ, you may have one last chance to see our special guests from that event--director and co-writer Edgar Wright, star and co-writer Simon Pegg, and star Nick Frost. The evening before that event, Thursday, August 1, the gents will be doing a Q&A after a screening of their latest work, THE WORLD'S END, at The Logan Theater, 2646 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Chicago at 7:00pm.
Although this is not an Ain't It Cool News-sponsored event, I did manage to square away five pairs of reserved tickets (or 10 seats) to what will undoubtedly be an earth-shattering appearance. THE WORLD'S END is a fantastic celebration of friendship, pub crawling, and other things that I won't speak, of because they're a bit of a secret. The reason I'm announcing where the event is is because I don't want anyone asking me how to get to the Logan Theater once the winners have been picked. Look it up, and if you KNOW you can get there, try your luck.
To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at WorldsEndChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "World's End Chicago" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "If you could choose the way the entire world would end, how would you have it happen?" Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Most creative answers win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email! This contest probably won't go longer than 24 hours, so gets your entries in right away.
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house for our guests. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Focus Features or giving us this very cool screening and bringing these great guests to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 204 total posts 73 posts
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 67 total posts 67 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 74 total posts 39 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 96 total posts 24 posts
- Quint has seen Gareth Edwards and Legendary's Godzilla presentation at SXSW! Full on Kaiju badassery! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 77 total posts 18 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 78 total posts 12 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 88 total posts 12 posts
- International OCULUS Poster Has Arrived! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 129 total posts 11 posts