Live in Chicago? Capone has a limited number of seats to an early screening of THE WORLD'S END with Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg & Nick Frost Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
For those of you who did not win tickets to the upcoming Music Box Theatre double-bill screening of SHAUN OF THE DEAD and HOT FUZZ, you may have one last chance to see our special guests from that event--director and co-writer Edgar Wright, star and co-writer Simon Pegg, and star Nick Frost. The evening before that event, Thursday, August 1, the gents will be doing a Q&A after a screening of their latest work, THE WORLD'S END, at The Logan Theater, 2646 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Chicago at 7:00pm.
Although this is not an Ain't It Cool News-sponsored event, I did manage to square away five pairs of reserved tickets (or 10 seats) to what will undoubtedly be an earth-shattering appearance. THE WORLD'S END is a fantastic celebration of friendship, pub crawling, and other things that I won't speak, of because they're a bit of a secret. The reason I'm announcing where the event is is because I don't want anyone asking me how to get to the Logan Theater once the winners have been picked. Look it up, and if you KNOW you can get there, try your luck.
To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at WorldsEndChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "World's End Chicago" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "If you could choose the way the entire world would end, how would you have it happen?" Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Most creative answers win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email! This contest probably won't go longer than 24 hours, so gets your entries in right away.
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house for our guests. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Focus Features or giving us this very cool screening and bringing these great guests to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 23 total posts 19 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 720 total posts 6 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 419 total posts 6 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 377 total posts 5 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 29 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 3 total posts 3 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- Badger Narrates The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- "Do you understand what it's like to be a genius?!!" Dan Harmon takes his show on the road in this trailer for HARMONTOWN! -- 19 total posts 1 post