GODZILLA 2 might be a re-imagining of DESTROY ALL MONSTERS!?!?
Hey Yo, Draven here.
I am really excited for Gareth Edwards’ GODZILLA reboot that is coming next year. From Quint’s account of the first footage that screened, it appears that we are already going to get several monsters in next year’s blockbuster. So how do you top that? Going bigger and badder of course!
Director Gareth Edwards spoke to Screenrant and revealed his early sequel ideas:
“With the exception of the 1954 original, I would say my second favorite film is Destroy All Monsters. I just love the idea of a monster island. Having a world with these creatures in it. I find that fascinating and would like to treat that realistically. I wouldn’t want to limit it to one other foe, I think it’s more fun to – this question will come back to haunt me if we ever do a sequel – but I think multiple creatures make better movies in terms of the image of Gojira.”
DESTROY ALL MONSTERS came out in 1968, and was THE AVENGERS of Kaiju films at the time. It was the ninth GODZILLA film and brought together a lot of the Toho monsters that were seen in previous films. This is all a long way out though and a sequel to next year’s film is still a long way from being a certainty. Still this is pretty cool that we have a director looking to the original films for inspiration.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 349 total posts 349 posts
- Loki vs. King Kong in SKULL ISLAND! -- 239 total posts 239 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 186 total posts 186 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 161 total posts 161 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 299 total posts 144 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 223 total posts 108 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 75 total posts 75 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1805 total posts 52 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 134 total posts 52 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 80 total posts 49 posts