The Friday Mini-Docback Wraps Up DOCTOR WHO San Diego Comic Con 2013 News And Happenings!!
...recently returned home after having my ass thoroughly kicked by Comic Con. Took me a bit longer than expected to get settled back in - as such, my Docback prep time pretty much went straight to hell. So, consider this an open (but still moderated) forum to discuss all things WHO. I’ll jump back on track with a more respectable and focused post next week.
As you’ve no-doubt gleaned by now, there wasn’t a ton of DOCTOR WHO information spilling forth from the mighty event - save for the reveal of the show’s 50th Anniversary trailer, which I actually did not see (BBC America decided I wasn’t worthy of admittance to the panel, even though I asked for no special consideration whatsoever beyond getting through the door - this is becoming tiresome and more than a bit offensive). You can find descriptions of said trailers HERE and HERE.
I will say I was hugely impressed, even moved, by the DOCTOR WHO’s enormous presence at SDCC. I expected to see a few Cosplayers here and there...expected to find some booths hocking DW merchandise...but I was wholly unprepared for the sheer number of Doctors and Roses and Claras and hot lady TARDISes. As a WHO fan, it often feels like we’re still living in something of a vacuum - when comparing our fandom to, say, STAR WARS or STAR TREK. At least it feels so to me. This is certainly not the case at Comic Con. My personal highlight? Riding on the shuttle to SDCC behind a VERY convincing Tennant-era Cosplayer, who was jamming Ramin Djawadi’s awesome theme to PACFIC RIM as we roared along the ocean-side highway.
A helluva moment.
BBC has revealed three (annoyingly similar) publicity stills from the 50th Anniversary Episode...
** UKvians are pissed off that the 50th Anniversary trailer was presented as a SDCC exclusive (HERE)...
** HERE’s a (potentially spoilery) newslet about an important-to-the-WHOverse actor who might end up making SOME FORM of appearance in the 50th Anniversary ep..
** Matt Smith has decided what he’s gonna steal from the DOCTOR WHO set when he leaves the show once and for all (HERE)...
** And, as I’ve previously hinted here in the Docbacks, HERE is official word that the search for the next Doctor is not as far along as some outlets would have you think. To paraphrase a James Ray/Rudy Clark lyric...”It’s gonna take time, a while lot of precious time, it;s gonna take patience and time, to do it right...”
More next week, or before then should coolness develop...
- Google +
[[[[[ A LIST OF PREVIOUS DOCBACKS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! ]]]]]
DOCBACK CODE OF CONDUCT
1) a Docback should be about completely open and free discourse regarding all things WHO with, obviously, some variation on subject matter from time to time - the real world intervenes, discussions of other shows are inevitable, etc.)...
2) matters of SPOILAGE should be handled with thoughtful consideration and sensitivity. Posts containing SPOILERS should clearly state that a SPOILER exists in its topic/headline and should never state the spoiler itself . "** SPOILER ** Regarding Clara" is OK, for example. "** SPOILER about that Motorcycle" is fine. **SPOILER** Why did everyone die?" Is NOT good.
And, above all...
3) converse, agree, disagree, and question as much as you want - but the freedom to do so is NOT a license to be rude, crass, disrespectful, or uncivilized in any way. Not remaining courteous and civil, as well as TROLLING or undertaking sensational efforts to ignite controversy, will result in banning. Lack of courtesy may receive one (1) warning before a ban is instigated. Obvious Trolling or Spamming will result in summary banning with no warning. One word posts intended to bump-up any Docback's figures on AICN's "Top Talkbacks" sidebar will be considered actionable Spam - they not only complicate efforts to access Docback from mobile devices, but impede readers' abilities to follow or engage in flowing conversation.
In short, it's easy. Be excellent to each other. Now party on...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 138 total posts 86 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 164 total posts 57 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 73 total posts 21 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 74 total posts 21 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 40 total posts 18 posts
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 354 total posts 18 posts
- Character posters for Liam Hemsworth, Natalie Dormer, and more of the resistance from HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY! -- 66 total posts 13 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 249 total posts 12 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 280 total posts 12 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 65 total posts 12 posts