Steven Soderbergh To Direct All 10 Hours Of Clive Owen Period Cinemax Series THE KNICK!!
It’s about the staff of New York’s Knickerbocker hospital in the pre-antibiotic year of 1900.
Soderbergh, recall, directed the disease-centric 2011 hit “Contagion.” He also directed HBO’s acclaimed “Behind The Candelabra” and all 10 episodes of the John Slattery/Mary McCormack HBO series “K Street.”
Recall also that Clive Owen (“Children of Men”) starred in HBO’s “Hemingway & Gelhorn.”
The director’s other big-screen efforts include “Out of Sight,” “The Limey,” “Erin Brockovich,” “Traffic,” “Ocean’s 11,” “The Informant!” “Haywire,” “Magic Mike” and “Side Effects.”
Look! Press release!
STEVEN SODERBERGH AND CLIVE OWEN TEAM UP FOR NEW CINEMAX ORIGINAL SERIES THE KNICK
LOS ANGELES, July 25, 2013 – Academy Award® winner and Emmy® nominee Steven Soderbergh (“Traffic,” “Side Effects,” HBO’s “Behind the Candelabra”) will direct Academy Award® and Emmy® nominee Clive Owen (“Children of Men,” HBO’s “Hemingway & Gellhorn”) in the entire ten-episode season of the CINEMAX original series THE KNICK, which begins production in New York in September.
Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming, says, “We are thrilled that Steven and Clive have chosen to bring this unique and exciting series to CINEMAX.”
Set in downtown New York in 1900, THE KNICK centers on Knickerbocker Hospital and the groundbreaking surgeons, nurses and staff, who push the bounds of medicine in a time of astonishingly high mortality rates and zero antibiotics. The writing team of Jack Amiel and Michael Begler (“Raising Helen,” “Big Miracle”), who wrote the pilot for the series, will serve as executive producers, along with Soderbergh, Owen, Michael Sugar (“Rendition”) and Gregory Jacobs (“Behind the Candelabra”). Michael Polaire (“Behind the Candelabra”) produces. Kary Antholis, president, HBO Miniseries and CINEMAX Programming, and David Levine, vice president, HBO Entertainment, will oversee the series, which will debut on the network in 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 183 total posts 27 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 163 total posts 26 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 67 total posts 21 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 61 total posts 20 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 212 total posts 19 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 30 total posts 19 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 31 total posts 12 posts
- Harry @ Fantastic Fest 2014: TUSK, REALITI, CUB, TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA, HIVE, MAN FROM RENO & FREE FALL! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 24 total posts 10 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Tomorrow's THE STRAIN, The Next HOMELAND, Fox’s GOTHAM, Showtime’s THE AFFAIR, ABC’s FOREVER, CBS’ SCORPION & MADAM SECRETARY, Scott Frank’s A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES And The Latest MARVEL, DC & SNL News!! Plus The Return Of Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts