See Ken Marino (literally) embrace his inner demon in this one-sheet for the newly-retitled BAD MILO!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Bloody Disgusting has premiered a new one-sheet for BAD MILO (formerly known as MILO), and they're qualifying it as a contender for "best poster of the year". I don't blame them. This is more of a genuinely striking, tonally-ominous poster that we've seen for a theatrical release in recent memory. It is way less overtly campy than that poster we got back in February when the flick was still called MILO; that firmly made the flick seem like a comedy, while this makes this story of a man's relationship with the demon in his stomach seem like…something else. That tagline is genius in its simplicity and how it gets across the premise while subtly clueing you into the comedic tone of the film. And the art utilizes Ken Marino's leading man looks, as well as making it clear that his specific brand of deadpan comedy is very much a part of the product.
The poster also gives us our first clear look at the actual intestinal monster, and it's perfectly gross, but also kind of endearing. Don't those eyes look cute? I love how his arm sort of resembles a small intestine. Makes him easier to miss on an x-ray, I suppose.
Perhaps the weirdest part of the whole poster is the A DUPLASS BROTHERS PRODUCTION tag above the title. Never thought I'd see their names on a title like this, and I certainly never imagined their names being a selling point for an outlandish horror-comedy. A name's a name, I guess.
Everything I've heard about this movie is awesome, and I love the cast, which also includes Gillian Jacobs (<3), Stephen Root, Peter Stormare, Patrick Warburton, and Mary Kay Place. It seems like a higher-budget version of the fucked-up TROMA creature features I liked as a kid. Can't wait.
BAD MILO crawls out via VOD on August 29th, and theatrically on October 4th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 518 total posts 178 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 183 total posts 151 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 143 total posts 143 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 141 total posts 141 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 200 total posts 52 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 116 total posts 40 posts
- ‘This Place Is Bullshit!!’ The 2-Minute Season-Two Trailer For Netflix’s ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!! -- 40 total posts 27 posts