See Ken Marino (literally) embrace his inner demon in this one-sheet for the newly-retitled BAD MILO!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Bloody Disgusting has premiered a new one-sheet for BAD MILO (formerly known as MILO), and they're qualifying it as a contender for "best poster of the year". I don't blame them. This is more of a genuinely striking, tonally-ominous poster that we've seen for a theatrical release in recent memory. It is way less overtly campy than that poster we got back in February when the flick was still called MILO; that firmly made the flick seem like a comedy, while this makes this story of a man's relationship with the demon in his stomach seem like…something else. That tagline is genius in its simplicity and how it gets across the premise while subtly clueing you into the comedic tone of the film. And the art utilizes Ken Marino's leading man looks, as well as making it clear that his specific brand of deadpan comedy is very much a part of the product.
The poster also gives us our first clear look at the actual intestinal monster, and it's perfectly gross, but also kind of endearing. Don't those eyes look cute? I love how his arm sort of resembles a small intestine. Makes him easier to miss on an x-ray, I suppose.
Perhaps the weirdest part of the whole poster is the A DUPLASS BROTHERS PRODUCTION tag above the title. Never thought I'd see their names on a title like this, and I certainly never imagined their names being a selling point for an outlandish horror-comedy. A name's a name, I guess.
Everything I've heard about this movie is awesome, and I love the cast, which also includes Gillian Jacobs (<3), Stephen Root, Peter Stormare, Patrick Warburton, and Mary Kay Place. It seems like a higher-budget version of the fucked-up TROMA creature features I liked as a kid. Can't wait.
BAD MILO crawls out via VOD on August 29th, and theatrically on October 4th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 218 total posts 117 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 204 total posts 67 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 132 total posts 41 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 92 total posts 36 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 440 total posts 29 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! -- 28 total posts 28 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 49 total posts 21 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 15 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 206 total posts 11 posts