Oww! Christopher Walken to play a mobster in Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Yesterday, Deadline reported that everyone's favorite cowbell-playing, watch-protecting angel of death, Christopher Walken, is the first actor to officially sign to the big-screen adaptation of JERSEY BOYS that Clint Eastwood is directing. Walken will play Gyp DeCarlo, a mobster who acts as a liason between the Four Seasons and the mafiosos who want a piece of the up-and-coming band's action. It's a supporting role, with the main roles (and the part of Joe Pesci, who was involved in the real-life story of the group) to be filled out by stage actors who've played the characters in the various international productions of the show. Marshall Brickman (ANNIE HALL, MANHATTAN), Rick Elice, and John Logan (GLADIATOR, SKYFALL) worked on the screenplay for Eastwood, who's never directed a musical before (although he's sure as shit starred in one).
Any news involving Christopher Walken and musicals is good news. He is always a standout when he does his thing in that genre (PENNIES FROM HEAVEN, HAIRSPRAY, ROMANCE & CIGARETTES), and always impresses when he slips in some singing and dancing into his "normal" roles. If he's the biggest name Eastwood lines up for this anticipated film, he'll be in good shape, but something tells me that won't be the case.
Shooting for JERSEY BOYS should commence this year, aiming for a release date in late 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 332 total posts 267 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 237 total posts 237 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 163 total posts 102 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 451 total posts 95 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 296 total posts 67 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 51 total posts 51 posts