John Ary's Super-Powered Cinematics: RETURN OF THE SWAMP THING (1989)!!
John Ary here with another installment of Super-Powered Cinematics.
Today we're going back to 1989, just a few weeks before the release of Tim Burton's dark and gritty take on The Dark Knight. The Return of Swamp Thing decided to go in the opposite direction of Batman and Wes Craven's original film. Unlike those productions, it carried a campy sci-fi tone, like a b-movie out of the 50's or 60's.
The Return of Swamp Thing is currently available on DVD and digital streaming. Do you think director Jim Wynorski strayed too far from the comics or the original Swamp Thing film? Let me know on Twitter (@john_ary) or in the comment section belowand be sure to subscribe to the AICN YouTube channel for more videos. See you tomorrow for another installment of Super-Powered Cinematics!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!! -- 287 total posts 91 posts
- Meet Bigfoot in this New Clip from EXISTS! -- 128 total posts 33 posts
- DESTINY ‘Raids’ Have Begun!! More Events Coming Soon!! -- 93 total posts 16 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 627 total posts 15 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 70 total posts 11 posts
- Are you ready for THE GHOST DIMENSION!?! The new PARANORMAL ACTIVITY film gets a title and a release date!! -- 83 total posts 8 posts
- Capone credits Dan Stevens' performance as the key to THE GUEST being all kinds of twisted goodness!!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- A New Trailer For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE!! -- 64 total posts 5 posts
- More Details On The Upcoming And Promising ALIEN: ISOLATION Game!! 'Survivor Mode’!! -- 80 total posts 5 posts
- Hercules Says The Prognosis For Fox’s New GLEE-ish Hospital Hourlong RED BAND SOCIETY Is Not Very Good At All!! -- 9 total posts 3 posts