Paul Greengrass to direct Aaron Sorkin-scripted biopic of the CHICAGO 7!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
After being in development for seemingly forever since it was written back in 2007, Aaron Sorkin's project about the CHICAGO 7 has finally gained some traction. Paul Greengrass is ready to sign on to the film, which revolves around the seven activists charged with inciting riots at the 1968 Democratic National Convention, after Steven Spielberg, long attached, finally decided it was time to call it quits and move on. Ben Stiller also briefly toyed with the idea of making the film a few years back, but nothing came of it. Deadline reports that the film will have a low-to-mid-range budget, somewhere in the vicinity of $20-30 million.
No word as to who's playing the seven indicted men, Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin, David Dellinger, Tom Hayden, William Kunstler, and Leonard Weinglass, as well as Black Panther co-founder Bobby Seale. Names such as Will Smith, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Kevin Spacey, and Sacha Baron Cohen have been tossed around for various roles, with Cohen actually signing onto the role of Abbie Hoffman back in '07. Hopefully, they can once again lock down Cohen, as he bears some resemblance to the infamous yippie.
Greengrass is no stranger to films with heavy political relevance, having helmed UNITED 93, GREEN ZONE, the similarly-themed BLOODY SUNDAY, and the upcoming CAPTAIN PHILIPS. He's never worked with a screenwriter with the immense clout of Sorkin, and I'm curious to see how his visual style matches up with Sorkin's dialogue-heavy tendencies.
THE CHICAGO 7 aims to start production in January, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 123 total posts 123 posts
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 122 total posts 122 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- Li Bingbing Looks Mighty Stern In Her TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster!! -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 341 total posts 47 posts
- Another Talented Filmmaker Joins The DOCTOR STRANGE Directin' Derby! -- 44 total posts 44 posts