Glenn Close's role in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY has been officially announced!!!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
Marvel has finally announced that Glenn Close will be Nova Prime in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. We previously had heard that she was a “leader in Nova Corps” but now we know that officially she is THE leader of Nova Corps as Nova-Prime. Here is Marvel’s press release announcing the casting:
Guardians of the Galaxy,” the next epic adventure from Marvel Studios has started shooting at the UK’s Shepperton Studios. Directed by James Gunn (“Slither,”“Super”) from his screenplay, with a story by Nicole Perlman and Gunn, the film will introduce audiences to a whole new side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The all-star cast includes Chris Pratt (“Zero Dark Thirty”, “Moneyball”) as Peter Quill aka Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana (“Star Trek Into Darkness”, “Avatar”) as Gamora, Dave Bautista (“Riddick”) as Drax the Destroyer, Lee Pace (“The Hobbit,” “Lincoln”) as Ronan the Accuser, Michael Rooker (AMC’s “The Walking Dead”) as Yondu, Karen Gillan (BBC TV’s “Doctor Who”) as Nebula, two-time Academy Award® nominee Djimon Hounsou (“Amistad”, “Gladiator”) as Korath, with Academy Award® winner Benicio del Toro (“Traffic”) as The Collector, Academy Award® nominee John C. Reilly (“Chicago”) as Rhomann Dey, and six-time Academy Award® nominee Glenn Close (“Albert Nobbs,” “Fatal Attraction”) as Nova Prime. Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” is slated for an August 1, 2014 release in the U.S.
Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige is producing the film. The executive producers are Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Jeremy Latcham, Alan Fine and Stan Lee; the co-producer is Nik Korda.
The creative team includes director of photography Ben Davis, BSC (“Wrath of the Titans”, “Kick-Ass”), production designer Charles Wood (“Thor: The Dark World”), BAFTA-nominated Editor Fred Raskin (“Django Unchained,” “Fast Five”) and Academy Award®-winning editor Hughes Winborne, A.C.E. (“The Help,” “Crash”), and Academy Award® winning costume designer Alexandra Byrne (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Elizabeth The Golden Age”). The film will also shoot at Longcross Studios, and locations in and around London.
Quint was able to see some early footage of GUARDIANS at Comic-Con and was over the moon about what he saw. I am really looking forward to what James Gunn and this tremendous cast are cooking up right now. Obviously the casting of Glenn Close as the head of Nova Corps does nothing to damper that excitement. We still don’t know who will be voicing Rocket Raccoon or Groot but that announcement is expected soon so stay tuned.
Who would have ever imagined that we would have Glenn Close and Robert Redford with major roles in Marvel films? This is a cool age we live in right now.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 246 total posts 246 posts
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 685 total posts 144 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 84 total posts 57 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 48 total posts 43 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 74 total posts 31 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- Our first clip from the VERONICA MARS movie! Plus, a release date!! -- 54 total posts 30 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 66 total posts 21 posts
- More pics of zombied-out Aubrey Plaza in LIFE AFTER BETH! -- 56 total posts 21 posts
- Earlier Versions Of THE DARK CRYSTAL...Probably Felt A Lot Like This!! -- 121 total posts 20 posts