UPDATED with trailer description and Official Logo! Joss Whedon Reveals That THE AVENGERS 2 Will Be Titled...
Beaks here with big news coming out of San Diego Comic Con. Joss Whedon just took the Hall H stage to announce that the second Avengers film will be based on Brian Michael Bendis's AGE OF ULTRON. Suddenly, Marvel's plan is beginning to come into very clear focus. Given Henry Pym's involvement in this story, Edgar Wright's ANT-MAN doesn't seem like a one-off anymore, does it?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Holy shit, my ears are still ringing from the screaming Marvel fans in Hall H, including 2 particularly shrill girls sitting behind me.
I'm adding onto this story, so you know the big news... AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON will be the big Avengers sequel. Here's how it was revealed:
After Guardians of the Galaxy's panel (which was great, report coming up soon, I promise) Kevin Feige stands up to leave and just as he gets to the end of the stage, he doubles back and introduces Joss Whedon. Crowd goes nuts, Joss waves and says “I don't have anything to say, but I have one thing to add.” The lights go down and we hear the Avengers theme.
Iron Man's helmet appears, audience cheers. Sound clips from all the Marvel movies start playing. “I am Iron Man,” “I'm always angry,”etc. I don't remember all of them, but they build to the end of the Avengers where Sam Jackson says they'll be back when they are needed.
All the while the camera sweeps in close to the Iron Man helmet. It's getting crunched, dented, misshapen. Sparks fly, crunching noises are heard. When we get that final Avengers quote the camera pulls back and the Iron Man helmet has been reforged as Ultron's helmet, an angry red light glowing out of his mouth and eye holes. Cue my eardrums being punctured by screaming fangirls (and boys, I'll be fair).
There you go. One of the best Holy Shit moments of Comic-Con 2013.
Back with more tonight. I'll be doing detailed wrap ups of all the crazy shit I saw today, probably way into the wee hours of the morning. Stay tuned!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 313 total posts 234 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 333 total posts 77 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 86 total posts 66 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 311 total posts 63 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 416 total posts 59 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 48 total posts 48 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 168 total posts 40 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 39 total posts 39 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 60 total posts 38 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 28 total posts 28 posts