Legendary shows a tone piece for Duncan Jones' WARCRAFT, announces early 2014 start date!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. They just surprised everybody in Hall H with a “tone piece” for Warcraft! They didn't introduce it other than Chris Hardwricke (moderator duties, you know) pretending to get a call from Thomas Tull saying to roll something.
Footage started in a desert environment. Slow build, seeing the desolation. The only hint of a sci-fi element is a green light in a circling cloud mass. We see a rugged man standing alone, takes a last drink of water, then pulls a big blade from his back. He's dressed almost like Mad Max except for the sword, which has a dragon's head overlapping the blade and the handle.
He looks around and sees a long dead soldier, just bones in armor. The man sees something, approaches and pulls a shield with a lions head on it from the dusty earth, hefts its weight and then slams his sword into it, like he's ringing a bell.
Something approaches, the camera pulls back and we're over the green shoulder of an Orc. In one take we see the orc in silhouette from the back and when we get to his right side a giant hammer raises into view and we get a gunslinger shot of the hammer kind of framing the rugged dude with the sword in the distance.
They charge each other, the man raising his sword, the Orc raising his hammer. The Orc brings it down first and we get a POV shot of the Orc jumping up and bring the hammer down right on us.
Footage looked really cool. I haven't played Warcraft, which is why you see anything from me on the site at all... I tend to get lost in RPGs, God only knows how long I'd wander in an MMORPG...
Duncan Jones came out afterwards, said he was a massive fan (I can attest to this) and is so crazy excited to be doing this. He also said they start filming in early 2014. If my math adds up that makes it possible 2015 just got even nerdier.
More coming from the Con soon. Follow my Twitter feed for live updates!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 146 total posts 15 posts
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 67 total posts 8 posts
- Aliens look to Steve Martin to find them a new home planet in this extended teaser for HOME, entitled ALMOST HOME! -- 19 total posts 7 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 71 total posts 5 posts
- International OCULUS Poster Has Arrived! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 38 total posts 3 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 120 total posts 2 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 78 total posts 2 posts
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 62 total posts 1 post