Nicolas Cage NOT appearing in either KICK-ASS 2 or EXPENDABLES 3!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
This is actually kinda surprising. Despite what we've heard about his appearances in EXPENDABLES 3 and KICK-ASS 2, Nicolas Cage is, apparently, not involved with either film. In an interview published today, he told Den Of Geek, "I’m not in KICK-ASS 2 and I don’t think I’m in EXPENDABLES 3; I like those guys but I’d say it’d be highly unlikely that I’m in that movie." He also mentions how he'd like to see a sequel to LORD OF WAR, reconfigured to fit today's political climate and involving his character's son following his footsteps. On top of that, bad news for GHOST RIDER fans, as he confirms the notion that he's done with the role: "I kinda put the Ghost Rider character behind me. I feel like I’ve said what I had to say with that character. I’d like to see a female Ghost Rider." Hmm.
I was pretty sure he was a lock for a flashback cameo in KICK-ASS 2 and a major part in EXPENDABLES 3. It is a shame that neither film will be blessed with his brand of "nouveau shamanic opera-esque abstract surrealist performance", as he puts it. His manic-energy mode would've undoubtedly been an injection of adrenaline into both projects. Who out there didn't like his Adam West-filtered Big Daddy?! His appearance in KICK-ASS 2 would've been created a nice emotional connection with the first one to establish just how much his relationship with Chloe Moretz's Mindy has shaped her development in this next entry. But alas...
He does say it's only "highly unlikely" that he'll be in EXPENDABLES 3, which could very well be misinformation or simply an indication that talks fell through. The cast is looking pretty bloated as it is, and Cage is one of those massive personalities who warrants a showy, standout role, ideally as a central villain a la Van Damme or Mel. Hell, maybe he could get his buddy John Woo onboard for EX4, causing every remaining action fan in the world to froth at the mouth in anticipation.
This puts the other names that were being thrown around as being "confirmed to appear" into question. I guess we have to wait till EXPENDABLES 3 starts shooting this fall to get the skinny (or, I guess, the muscle) on who's actually gonna be in the damn thing.
KICK-ASS 2 kicks your ass on August 16th, while EXPENDABLES 3 blasts away on August 15th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 258 total posts 144 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 263 total posts 108 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 176 total posts 98 posts
- New Poster for OPEN WINDOWS! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- This Trailer For The New SHAUN THE SHEEP Movie Doesn’t Look Too Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 234 total posts 37 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at EXTRATERRESTRIAL! SAVAGELAND! REVELATION TRAIL! THE POSESSION OF MICHAEL KING! THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE! SLOPPY THE PSYCHOTIC! MY FAIR ZOMBIE! THE FORBIDDEN GIRL! MOEBIUS! TWILIGHT ZONE 1985! SUFFER THE CHILDREN Book Review! & cast your vote for PRESIDENT WOLFMAN! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 137 total posts 35 posts
-- 58 total posts 28 posts