Nicolas Cage NOT appearing in either KICK-ASS 2 or EXPENDABLES 3!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
This is actually kinda surprising. Despite what we've heard about his appearances in EXPENDABLES 3 and KICK-ASS 2, Nicolas Cage is, apparently, not involved with either film. In an interview published today, he told Den Of Geek, "I’m not in KICK-ASS 2 and I don’t think I’m in EXPENDABLES 3; I like those guys but I’d say it’d be highly unlikely that I’m in that movie." He also mentions how he'd like to see a sequel to LORD OF WAR, reconfigured to fit today's political climate and involving his character's son following his footsteps. On top of that, bad news for GHOST RIDER fans, as he confirms the notion that he's done with the role: "I kinda put the Ghost Rider character behind me. I feel like I’ve said what I had to say with that character. I’d like to see a female Ghost Rider." Hmm.
I was pretty sure he was a lock for a flashback cameo in KICK-ASS 2 and a major part in EXPENDABLES 3. It is a shame that neither film will be blessed with his brand of "nouveau shamanic opera-esque abstract surrealist performance", as he puts it. His manic-energy mode would've undoubtedly been an injection of adrenaline into both projects. Who out there didn't like his Adam West-filtered Big Daddy?! His appearance in KICK-ASS 2 would've been created a nice emotional connection with the first one to establish just how much his relationship with Chloe Moretz's Mindy has shaped her development in this next entry. But alas...
He does say it's only "highly unlikely" that he'll be in EXPENDABLES 3, which could very well be misinformation or simply an indication that talks fell through. The cast is looking pretty bloated as it is, and Cage is one of those massive personalities who warrants a showy, standout role, ideally as a central villain a la Van Damme or Mel. Hell, maybe he could get his buddy John Woo onboard for EX4, causing every remaining action fan in the world to froth at the mouth in anticipation.
This puts the other names that were being thrown around as being "confirmed to appear" into question. I guess we have to wait till EXPENDABLES 3 starts shooting this fall to get the skinny (or, I guess, the muscle) on who's actually gonna be in the damn thing.
KICK-ASS 2 kicks your ass on August 16th, while EXPENDABLES 3 blasts away on August 15th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 544 total posts 544 posts
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 259 total posts 259 posts
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 700 total posts 159 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 111 total posts 84 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 93 total posts 50 posts
- This New HOBBIT Production Diary Shows Us Laketown, Smaug Bits, And Table Tennis Playing Middle Earthers!! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 53 total posts 48 posts