Nicolas Cage NOT appearing in either KICK-ASS 2 or EXPENDABLES 3!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
This is actually kinda surprising. Despite what we've heard about his appearances in EXPENDABLES 3 and KICK-ASS 2, Nicolas Cage is, apparently, not involved with either film. In an interview published today, he told Den Of Geek, "I’m not in KICK-ASS 2 and I don’t think I’m in EXPENDABLES 3; I like those guys but I’d say it’d be highly unlikely that I’m in that movie." He also mentions how he'd like to see a sequel to LORD OF WAR, reconfigured to fit today's political climate and involving his character's son following his footsteps. On top of that, bad news for GHOST RIDER fans, as he confirms the notion that he's done with the role: "I kinda put the Ghost Rider character behind me. I feel like I’ve said what I had to say with that character. I’d like to see a female Ghost Rider." Hmm.
I was pretty sure he was a lock for a flashback cameo in KICK-ASS 2 and a major part in EXPENDABLES 3. It is a shame that neither film will be blessed with his brand of "nouveau shamanic opera-esque abstract surrealist performance", as he puts it. His manic-energy mode would've undoubtedly been an injection of adrenaline into both projects. Who out there didn't like his Adam West-filtered Big Daddy?! His appearance in KICK-ASS 2 would've been created a nice emotional connection with the first one to establish just how much his relationship with Chloe Moretz's Mindy has shaped her development in this next entry. But alas...
He does say it's only "highly unlikely" that he'll be in EXPENDABLES 3, which could very well be misinformation or simply an indication that talks fell through. The cast is looking pretty bloated as it is, and Cage is one of those massive personalities who warrants a showy, standout role, ideally as a central villain a la Van Damme or Mel. Hell, maybe he could get his buddy John Woo onboard for EX4, causing every remaining action fan in the world to froth at the mouth in anticipation.
This puts the other names that were being thrown around as being "confirmed to appear" into question. I guess we have to wait till EXPENDABLES 3 starts shooting this fall to get the skinny (or, I guess, the muscle) on who's actually gonna be in the damn thing.
KICK-ASS 2 kicks your ass on August 16th, while EXPENDABLES 3 blasts away on August 15th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 25 total posts 23 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 153 total posts 11 posts
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 23 total posts 6 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 538 total posts 6 posts
- New PARKS, PARENTHOOD, PORTLANDIA, COMMUNITY, ELEMENTARY, HALF, CRAZY, MILLERS, VIKINGS, VAMPIRE, REIGN, GREY’S, SCANDAL, NERDS, IDOL, RAKE, BOO BOO, SEAGAL!! The Returns Of SUITS & WONDERLAND!! Bob Mould On LETTERMAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 21 total posts 6 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 107 total posts 3 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 29 total posts 3 posts
- Behold DIVERGENT’s Nifty New IMAX Poster!! -- 59 total posts 2 posts
- Jude Law spies a role alongside Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham in SUSAN COOPER! -- 14 total posts 2 posts