Nicolas Cage NOT appearing in either KICK-ASS 2 or EXPENDABLES 3!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
This is actually kinda surprising. Despite what we've heard about his appearances in EXPENDABLES 3 and KICK-ASS 2, Nicolas Cage is, apparently, not involved with either film. In an interview published today, he told Den Of Geek, "I’m not in KICK-ASS 2 and I don’t think I’m in EXPENDABLES 3; I like those guys but I’d say it’d be highly unlikely that I’m in that movie." He also mentions how he'd like to see a sequel to LORD OF WAR, reconfigured to fit today's political climate and involving his character's son following his footsteps. On top of that, bad news for GHOST RIDER fans, as he confirms the notion that he's done with the role: "I kinda put the Ghost Rider character behind me. I feel like I’ve said what I had to say with that character. I’d like to see a female Ghost Rider." Hmm.
I was pretty sure he was a lock for a flashback cameo in KICK-ASS 2 and a major part in EXPENDABLES 3. It is a shame that neither film will be blessed with his brand of "nouveau shamanic opera-esque abstract surrealist performance", as he puts it. His manic-energy mode would've undoubtedly been an injection of adrenaline into both projects. Who out there didn't like his Adam West-filtered Big Daddy?! His appearance in KICK-ASS 2 would've been created a nice emotional connection with the first one to establish just how much his relationship with Chloe Moretz's Mindy has shaped her development in this next entry. But alas...
He does say it's only "highly unlikely" that he'll be in EXPENDABLES 3, which could very well be misinformation or simply an indication that talks fell through. The cast is looking pretty bloated as it is, and Cage is one of those massive personalities who warrants a showy, standout role, ideally as a central villain a la Van Damme or Mel. Hell, maybe he could get his buddy John Woo onboard for EX4, causing every remaining action fan in the world to froth at the mouth in anticipation.
This puts the other names that were being thrown around as being "confirmed to appear" into question. I guess we have to wait till EXPENDABLES 3 starts shooting this fall to get the skinny (or, I guess, the muscle) on who's actually gonna be in the damn thing.
KICK-ASS 2 kicks your ass on August 16th, while EXPENDABLES 3 blasts away on August 15th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 146 total posts 136 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 132 total posts 26 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 67 total posts 15 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 37 total posts 11 posts
- David Fincher wants more money to do his JOBS! -- 175 total posts 10 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 64 total posts 5 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 106 total posts 3 posts
- New International Trailer for ANNIE! -- 175 total posts 3 posts
- A New Group Shot Of The EXPENDABLES 3 Cast!! -- 54 total posts 3 posts
- Wanna see some location video from the filming of Guillermo del Toro's CRIMSON PEAK? -- 13 total posts 2 posts