Nicolas Cage NOT appearing in either KICK-ASS 2 or EXPENDABLES 3!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
This is actually kinda surprising. Despite what we've heard about his appearances in EXPENDABLES 3 and KICK-ASS 2, Nicolas Cage is, apparently, not involved with either film. In an interview published today, he told Den Of Geek, "I’m not in KICK-ASS 2 and I don’t think I’m in EXPENDABLES 3; I like those guys but I’d say it’d be highly unlikely that I’m in that movie." He also mentions how he'd like to see a sequel to LORD OF WAR, reconfigured to fit today's political climate and involving his character's son following his footsteps. On top of that, bad news for GHOST RIDER fans, as he confirms the notion that he's done with the role: "I kinda put the Ghost Rider character behind me. I feel like I’ve said what I had to say with that character. I’d like to see a female Ghost Rider." Hmm.
I was pretty sure he was a lock for a flashback cameo in KICK-ASS 2 and a major part in EXPENDABLES 3. It is a shame that neither film will be blessed with his brand of "nouveau shamanic opera-esque abstract surrealist performance", as he puts it. His manic-energy mode would've undoubtedly been an injection of adrenaline into both projects. Who out there didn't like his Adam West-filtered Big Daddy?! His appearance in KICK-ASS 2 would've been created a nice emotional connection with the first one to establish just how much his relationship with Chloe Moretz's Mindy has shaped her development in this next entry. But alas...
He does say it's only "highly unlikely" that he'll be in EXPENDABLES 3, which could very well be misinformation or simply an indication that talks fell through. The cast is looking pretty bloated as it is, and Cage is one of those massive personalities who warrants a showy, standout role, ideally as a central villain a la Van Damme or Mel. Hell, maybe he could get his buddy John Woo onboard for EX4, causing every remaining action fan in the world to froth at the mouth in anticipation.
This puts the other names that were being thrown around as being "confirmed to appear" into question. I guess we have to wait till EXPENDABLES 3 starts shooting this fall to get the skinny (or, I guess, the muscle) on who's actually gonna be in the damn thing.
KICK-ASS 2 kicks your ass on August 16th, while EXPENDABLES 3 blasts away on August 15th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 204 total posts 204 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 224 total posts 200 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 262 total posts 158 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 522 total posts 132 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 112 total posts 112 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 703 total posts 101 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 114 total posts 68 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 53 total posts 52 posts
- The Girls Come Out To Play In Red-Band Comic Con Trailer For SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! -- 102 total posts 43 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 107 total posts 43 posts