"Let's Cut Him Loose." Restricted RIDDICK Trailer Is Full Of Good Ideas!
According to my Twitter feed, Vin Diesel just gave Harry and our erstwhile Moriarty (Drew McWeeny) a shout out at Comic Con for their support of David Twohy's PITCH BLACK back in 2000. That film was a small-scale, brutally efficient sci-fi flick that introduced in Riddick the kind of laconic, not-terribly-trustworthy badass character John Carpenter used to specialize in. It was precisely the kind of movie Harry wanted to champion when he started AICN. When the movie found a huge following on DVD, Twohy and Diesel went big canvas with the character in THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK, which took the franchise in a more fantastical direction. Now, nine years later, it's back to bloody basics with the tersely-titled RIDDICK. This? This is my kind of Riddick.
RIDDICK hits theaters on September 6th. It looks like stripped-down B-movie goodness.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 190 total posts 91 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 321 total posts 76 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 81 total posts 45 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 182 total posts 44 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 193 total posts 32 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 152 total posts 29 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 32 total posts 16 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 372 total posts 16 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 44 total posts 15 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 46 total posts 8 posts