"Let's Cut Him Loose." Restricted RIDDICK Trailer Is Full Of Good Ideas!
According to my Twitter feed, Vin Diesel just gave Harry and our erstwhile Moriarty (Drew McWeeny) a shout out at Comic Con for their support of David Twohy's PITCH BLACK back in 2000. That film was a small-scale, brutally efficient sci-fi flick that introduced in Riddick the kind of laconic, not-terribly-trustworthy badass character John Carpenter used to specialize in. It was precisely the kind of movie Harry wanted to champion when he started AICN. When the movie found a huge following on DVD, Twohy and Diesel went big canvas with the character in THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK, which took the franchise in a more fantastical direction. Now, nine years later, it's back to bloody basics with the tersely-titled RIDDICK. This? This is my kind of Riddick.
RIDDICK hits theaters on September 6th. It looks like stripped-down B-movie goodness.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 272 total posts 207 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 131 total posts 70 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 421 total posts 65 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 275 total posts 46 posts
- Fox To Remake LAURA With A Screenplay By James Ellroy! -- 53 total posts 32 posts
- Lionsgate to bring us Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. zombies in MAGGIE come early 2015! -- 203 total posts 20 posts
- BIG HERO 6 Coming To Disney Infinity 2.0!! And STAR WARS!? -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts