"Let's Cut Him Loose." Restricted RIDDICK Trailer Is Full Of Good Ideas!
According to my Twitter feed, Vin Diesel just gave Harry and our erstwhile Moriarty (Drew McWeeny) a shout out at Comic Con for their support of David Twohy's PITCH BLACK back in 2000. That film was a small-scale, brutally efficient sci-fi flick that introduced in Riddick the kind of laconic, not-terribly-trustworthy badass character John Carpenter used to specialize in. It was precisely the kind of movie Harry wanted to champion when he started AICN. When the movie found a huge following on DVD, Twohy and Diesel went big canvas with the character in THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK, which took the franchise in a more fantastical direction. Now, nine years later, it's back to bloody basics with the tersely-titled RIDDICK. This? This is my kind of Riddick.
RIDDICK hits theaters on September 6th. It looks like stripped-down B-movie goodness.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 636 total posts 13 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 203 total posts 12 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 14 total posts 5 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 312 total posts 3 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 349 total posts 2 posts