New NSFW Trailer For KICK-ASS 2 Ups The Ante On... Everything, Really! This Is Excessive!
Three years ago, Hollywood was terrified of KICK-ASS. The graphic violence, the salty language, the fact that its breakout character was an eleven-year-old girl who kills bad guys with bloodthirsty glee... most studios wanted no part of it. But then Matthew Vaughn took his disreputable labor of love to the San Diego Comic Con, won over Hall H and got Lionsgate to take a chance on an R-rated cross between SPIDER-MAN and DEATH WISH.
Whereas Lionsgate was a little timid in the selling of KICK-ASS, Universal is taking every opportunity to show off the wanton violence of KICK-ASS 2. They know their audience and they know where they congregate, so here comes the blood-soaked extended trailer which just debuted at this year's Comic Con. I imagine this played very well in the room.
KICK-ASS 2 hits theaters on August 16th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 27 total posts 5 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 299 total posts 5 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 123 total posts 3 posts
- Meet your new FANTASTIC FOUR!! -- 1651 total posts 2 posts
- Atom Egoyan's West Memphis Three Drama DEVIL'S KNOT Gets A Suitably Dramatic Trailer! -- 16 total posts 2 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 321 total posts 2 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews NEIGHBORS! -- 22 total posts 1 post
2010-2014 -- 28 total posts 1 post
- AICN COMICS Podcast: MOON KNIGHT! STARLIGHT! QUANTUM & WOODY: THE GOAT! THE AUTEUR! & More! -- 2 total posts 1 post