New NSFW Trailer For KICK-ASS 2 Ups The Ante On... Everything, Really! This Is Excessive!
Three years ago, Hollywood was terrified of KICK-ASS. The graphic violence, the salty language, the fact that its breakout character was an eleven-year-old girl who kills bad guys with bloodthirsty glee... most studios wanted no part of it. But then Matthew Vaughn took his disreputable labor of love to the San Diego Comic Con, won over Hall H and got Lionsgate to take a chance on an R-rated cross between SPIDER-MAN and DEATH WISH.
Whereas Lionsgate was a little timid in the selling of KICK-ASS, Universal is taking every opportunity to show off the wanton violence of KICK-ASS 2. They know their audience and they know where they congregate, so here comes the blood-soaked extended trailer which just debuted at this year's Comic Con. I imagine this played very well in the room.
KICK-ASS 2 hits theaters on August 16th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- War Machine to join Iron Man and friends in THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON!?! -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 405 total posts 11 posts
- Sony has announced that we are not only getting a VENOM film but we are also getting a SINISTER-SIX film!!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 135 total posts 10 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 118 total posts 8 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 312 total posts 8 posts
- First Images from Wally Pfister's TRANSCENDENCE! -- 109 total posts 6 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 96 total posts 4 posts
- THE KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM gets a release date! But which version will we see? -- 24 total posts 4 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 183 total posts 3 posts