See some older movie stars dip their toes into raunchy comedy in this LAST VEGAS trailer!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Today, we get the full trailer for the AARP-hits-Sin-City flick, LAST VEGAS, and you know, I actually think this looks kinda funny. It's certainly broad, and not all the jokes hit like gangbusters, but I laughed more times than I do for your typical studio comedy trailer, including the first one we got for this film back in May. That extended bit with Morgan Freeman preparing to jump out of his ground-floor window and Kevin Kline calling 50 Cent "P. Fiddy" make up for that oddly overlong "rotating bed" gag with Kline and Freeman that closes the trailer. This seems like ripe sleepwalking material for DeNiro, but his character gets the best lines that we see here. And maybe more than anything else, I love that the Academy Award-winning Kline has the role of the "William H. Macy in WILD HOGS" character actor running around with these way-more-famous movie stars. We don't see enough of that dude these days. And it's always awesome to see Mary Steenburgen in the mix.
Only the presence of Jerry Ferrara (a.k.a. Turtle) makes this seem like the B-level throwaway comedy that it very well could've been. Both Dan Fogelman and Jon Turteltaub have worked on some moderately enjoyable, but massively successful films, and I could potentially see this falling into that category.
I remember seeing WILD HOGS in theaters back in college, so I guess catching a matinee for this one is far from out of the question, especially if they can pump out an even stronger trailer than this before November.
LAST VEGAS goes all out on November 1st.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 309 total posts 28 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 262 total posts 16 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 582 total posts 16 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 232 total posts 12 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 196 total posts 6 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 198 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 119 total posts 4 posts