See some older movie stars dip their toes into raunchy comedy in this LAST VEGAS trailer!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Today, we get the full trailer for the AARP-hits-Sin-City flick, LAST VEGAS, and you know, I actually think this looks kinda funny. It's certainly broad, and not all the jokes hit like gangbusters, but I laughed more times than I do for your typical studio comedy trailer, including the first one we got for this film back in May. That extended bit with Morgan Freeman preparing to jump out of his ground-floor window and Kevin Kline calling 50 Cent "P. Fiddy" make up for that oddly overlong "rotating bed" gag with Kline and Freeman that closes the trailer. This seems like ripe sleepwalking material for DeNiro, but his character gets the best lines that we see here. And maybe more than anything else, I love that the Academy Award-winning Kline has the role of the "William H. Macy in WILD HOGS" character actor running around with these way-more-famous movie stars. We don't see enough of that dude these days. And it's always awesome to see Mary Steenburgen in the mix.
Only the presence of Jerry Ferrara (a.k.a. Turtle) makes this seem like the B-level throwaway comedy that it very well could've been. Both Dan Fogelman and Jon Turteltaub have worked on some moderately enjoyable, but massively successful films, and I could potentially see this falling into that category.
I remember seeing WILD HOGS in theaters back in college, so I guess catching a matinee for this one is far from out of the question, especially if they can pump out an even stronger trailer than this before November.
LAST VEGAS goes all out on November 1st.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 209 total posts 68 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 377 total posts 50 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 96 total posts 47 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 140 total posts 32 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 188 total posts 30 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 45 total posts 27 posts
- Meet The GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Disney Infinity Style!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts