See some older movie stars dip their toes into raunchy comedy in this LAST VEGAS trailer!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Today, we get the full trailer for the AARP-hits-Sin-City flick, LAST VEGAS, and you know, I actually think this looks kinda funny. It's certainly broad, and not all the jokes hit like gangbusters, but I laughed more times than I do for your typical studio comedy trailer, including the first one we got for this film back in May. That extended bit with Morgan Freeman preparing to jump out of his ground-floor window and Kevin Kline calling 50 Cent "P. Fiddy" make up for that oddly overlong "rotating bed" gag with Kline and Freeman that closes the trailer. This seems like ripe sleepwalking material for DeNiro, but his character gets the best lines that we see here. And maybe more than anything else, I love that the Academy Award-winning Kline has the role of the "William H. Macy in WILD HOGS" character actor running around with these way-more-famous movie stars. We don't see enough of that dude these days. And it's always awesome to see Mary Steenburgen in the mix.
Only the presence of Jerry Ferrara (a.k.a. Turtle) makes this seem like the B-level throwaway comedy that it very well could've been. Both Dan Fogelman and Jon Turteltaub have worked on some moderately enjoyable, but massively successful films, and I could potentially see this falling into that category.
I remember seeing WILD HOGS in theaters back in college, so I guess catching a matinee for this one is far from out of the question, especially if they can pump out an even stronger trailer than this before November.
LAST VEGAS goes all out on November 1st.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 164 total posts 64 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 167 total posts 30 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 112 total posts 21 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 77 total posts 21 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 423 total posts 12 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 203 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 35 total posts 7 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 65 total posts 5 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 5 total posts 5 posts