Live in Chicago? Capone has many a seat for an early screening of THE WOLVERINE!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
So is this the Wolverine movie they get right? I think the odds are in our favor on this one for a couple of reasons. One, it features my favorite and the best Wolverine storyline the comic books have ever had; and two, I'm a great admirer of director James Mangold, who is capable of doing both intimate and bigger films, ranging from HEAVY and GIRL, INTERRUPTED to 3:10 TO YUMA and WALK THE LINE. I'd even strongly recommend the pilot he directed for the now-cancelled series "Vegas." In other words, I can't wait to see this one. I'm so excited, in fact, that I'm going to bring a whole lot of Chicago-area Ain't It Cool readers with me when I go see the film for the first time next week. I have got many, many seats for the Chicago early screening of THE WOLVERINE on Tuesday, July 23 at 7:00 pm at a theater in Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners).
To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at WolverineChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "SNIKT!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a CONFIRMED Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite movie featuring the X-Men or a member of the X-Men, and why?" I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). And if you pick X-MEN: THE LAST STAND, you better have a really well-written reason why. Best answers win, and you'll hear from me very soon if you won.
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Twentieth Century Fox Film for giving Chicago this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 191 total posts 191 posts
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 222 total posts 170 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 120 total posts 120 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 214 total posts 107 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 102 total posts 102 posts
- Jeff Bridges’ Long Delayed SEVENTH SON Gets A Trailer, A Poster, And February!! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 109 total posts 56 posts
- Here’s BBC’s Synopsis Of DOCTOR WHO S08E03: “Robots of Sherwood’ !! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 50 total posts 50 posts