Live in Chicago? Capone has many a seat for an early screening of THE WOLVERINE!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
So is this the Wolverine movie they get right? I think the odds are in our favor on this one for a couple of reasons. One, it features my favorite and the best Wolverine storyline the comic books have ever had; and two, I'm a great admirer of director James Mangold, who is capable of doing both intimate and bigger films, ranging from HEAVY and GIRL, INTERRUPTED to 3:10 TO YUMA and WALK THE LINE. I'd even strongly recommend the pilot he directed for the now-cancelled series "Vegas." In other words, I can't wait to see this one. I'm so excited, in fact, that I'm going to bring a whole lot of Chicago-area Ain't It Cool readers with me when I go see the film for the first time next week. I have got many, many seats for the Chicago early screening of THE WOLVERINE on Tuesday, July 23 at 7:00 pm at a theater in Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners).
To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at WolverineChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "SNIKT!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a CONFIRMED Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite movie featuring the X-Men or a member of the X-Men, and why?" I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). And if you pick X-MEN: THE LAST STAND, you better have a really well-written reason why. Best answers win, and you'll hear from me very soon if you won.
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Twentieth Century Fox Film for giving Chicago this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is this our first look at The Thing from Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR reboot!?! -- 118 total posts 103 posts
- "The walrus is far more evolved than any man I've ever known...present company included." Trailer for Kevin Smith's TUSK has arrived! -- 59 total posts 50 posts
- SDCC '14: James Gunn to write and direct the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY sequel!! -- 91 total posts 39 posts
- Capone believes HERCULES does a Rock-solid job demystifying and reinforcing the myth!!! -- 32 total posts 32 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 268 total posts 30 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 121 total posts 25 posts
- Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!! -- 107 total posts 19 posts
- Learn Which STAR TREK Icon Joins GAME OF THRONES Next Season!! (Hint: Not Nimoy!!) -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- The Guy Who Directed CAPTAIN AMERICA And The Guys Who Directed CAPTAIN AMERICA II Are Directing Episodes Of Marvel’s New ABC Series AGENT CARTER!! -- 26 total posts 14 posts
- Capone can't decide if Luc Besson's LUCY is a dumb movie about smart people or a smart movie about dumb people. Whatever it is, he still mostly digs it!!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts