The JACKASS boys take one of their bits to feature length with BAD GRANDPA!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Just when you thought the Jackass crew was down for the count (or not, considering JACKASS 3D made $170 million on a $20 mil budget), Paramount and MTV have announced that they are releasing JACKASS PRESENTS: BAD GRANDPA on PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5's former release date of October 25th. They've apparently already shot the film, revolving around Johnny Knoxville's raunchy, anarchic Irving Zisman character, but there's no word yet as to whether the film will be a narrative or a collection of sketches, or even who directed the damn thing. What we can ascertain is that it will have Knoxville going around doing fucked-up shit in old-man makeup, with or without his wife or his seriously corrupted grandchildren.
I guess that Ryan Dunn's death put the kibosh on any further legit JACKASS sequels, and developing their material into properties like this is the way that these guys will keep the franchise (and the madness) going. I think the Bad Grandpa bits we've seen thus far are hit or miss, but the ones that hit are pretty hilarious. It is tickling to see people's both active and passive reactions to Knoxville's wacky, creepy antics. We can only hope the flick will follow the footsteps of fellow BAD films BAD SANTA and BAD TEACHER (as well as the three existing JACKASS films) in being a laugh-filled revel in the world of debauchery and nihilistic amorality. Or, at least, that Knoxville got his ass kicked on camera for us again.
JACKASS PRESENTS: BAD GRANDPA forgets his adult diapers on October 25th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 295 total posts 295 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 382 total posts 224 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 172 total posts 172 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 164 total posts 164 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 138 total posts 138 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 407 total posts 81 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 79 total posts 79 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 218 total posts 77 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 60 total posts 60 posts