The JACKASS boys take one of their bits to feature length with BAD GRANDPA!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Just when you thought the Jackass crew was down for the count (or not, considering JACKASS 3D made $170 million on a $20 mil budget), Paramount and MTV have announced that they are releasing JACKASS PRESENTS: BAD GRANDPA on PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5's former release date of October 25th. They've apparently already shot the film, revolving around Johnny Knoxville's raunchy, anarchic Irving Zisman character, but there's no word yet as to whether the film will be a narrative or a collection of sketches, or even who directed the damn thing. What we can ascertain is that it will have Knoxville going around doing fucked-up shit in old-man makeup, with or without his wife or his seriously corrupted grandchildren.
I guess that Ryan Dunn's death put the kibosh on any further legit JACKASS sequels, and developing their material into properties like this is the way that these guys will keep the franchise (and the madness) going. I think the Bad Grandpa bits we've seen thus far are hit or miss, but the ones that hit are pretty hilarious. It is tickling to see people's both active and passive reactions to Knoxville's wacky, creepy antics. We can only hope the flick will follow the footsteps of fellow BAD films BAD SANTA and BAD TEACHER (as well as the three existing JACKASS films) in being a laugh-filled revel in the world of debauchery and nihilistic amorality. Or, at least, that Knoxville got his ass kicked on camera for us again.
JACKASS PRESENTS: BAD GRANDPA forgets his adult diapers on October 25th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 104 total posts 104 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- Li Bingbing Looks Mighty Stern In Her TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster!! -- 84 total posts 84 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 333 total posts 39 posts
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 59 total posts 37 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- Jon Favreau Still Contemplating A Trip To The MAGIC KINGDOM! -- 60 total posts 34 posts