The JACKASS boys take one of their bits to feature length with BAD GRANDPA!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Just when you thought the Jackass crew was down for the count (or not, considering JACKASS 3D made $170 million on a $20 mil budget), Paramount and MTV have announced that they are releasing JACKASS PRESENTS: BAD GRANDPA on PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5's former release date of October 25th. They've apparently already shot the film, revolving around Johnny Knoxville's raunchy, anarchic Irving Zisman character, but there's no word yet as to whether the film will be a narrative or a collection of sketches, or even who directed the damn thing. What we can ascertain is that it will have Knoxville going around doing fucked-up shit in old-man makeup, with or without his wife or his seriously corrupted grandchildren.
I guess that Ryan Dunn's death put the kibosh on any further legit JACKASS sequels, and developing their material into properties like this is the way that these guys will keep the franchise (and the madness) going. I think the Bad Grandpa bits we've seen thus far are hit or miss, but the ones that hit are pretty hilarious. It is tickling to see people's both active and passive reactions to Knoxville's wacky, creepy antics. We can only hope the flick will follow the footsteps of fellow BAD films BAD SANTA and BAD TEACHER (as well as the three existing JACKASS films) in being a laugh-filled revel in the world of debauchery and nihilistic amorality. Or, at least, that Knoxville got his ass kicked on camera for us again.
JACKASS PRESENTS: BAD GRANDPA forgets his adult diapers on October 25th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 155 total posts 55 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 162 total posts 25 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 110 total posts 19 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 75 total posts 19 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 420 total posts 9 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 203 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 34 total posts 6 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 65 total posts 5 posts
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 294 total posts 4 posts