Benedict Cumberbatch Goes Full Assange In New Trailer For Bill Condon's THE FIFTH ESTATE!
The amount of classified information that has been leaked over the last few years is staggering. We basically live in an age when "top secret" information is viewed as inherently evil, as evidence that governments are behaving in the world's worst interests. Sometimes they are. Sometimes they aren't. And some people believe that sunshine is the best disinfectant regardless of intent.
The Wikileaks story is fascinating and far reaching enough to fill a twelve-episode miniseries. Bil Condon and screenwriter Josh Singer (FRINGE) are going to attempt to tell it in two hours in THE FIFTH ESTATE. Condon's track record with films based on true stories - GODS AND MONSTERS and KINSEY - is pretty damn solid. And this trailer, with Benedict Cumberbatch doing a highly credible Julian Assange, looks like it has serious potential (both as a movie I'll enjoy and as one o' them Oscar contenders). Check it out:
As you can see, this is a ridiculously stacked cast: Daniel Bruhl, Laura Linney, Stanley Tucci, David Thewlis, Carice Van Houten, Anthony Mackie, Alicia Vikander and motherfucking Peter Capaldi. It hits theaters on October 11th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 115 total posts 38 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 517 total posts 20 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 23 total posts 5 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 13 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts