Our first pic of Sean Penn lookin' ready to throw down in THE GUNMAN!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
Today, we get our first peek at Sean Penn's Jim Terrier in the upcoming Pierre Morel actioner THE GUNMAN, and it looks like ol' Spicoli is getting ready to buck down some fools with that automatic in his hands. He's playing a former merc who gets sucked back into the dirty business of government-sanctioned violence involving Javier Bardem's shady businessman and Idris Elba's mysterious assassin. Penn's looking like he's following Liam Neeson's Pierre Morel-ification into a 50-ish action lead quite nicely. He's lookin' less troubled, broody mumbler and more steely-eyed determination here, and given his pedigree, I can't imagine he won't invest this guy with more personality than is usually granted to tough-guy stars.
And the dude's got some arms, no? I mean, I guess he probably got in shape for the boxing stuff in GANGSTER SQUAD, but it's cool to see the eclectic actor meld so seamlessly into another character type and genre than we've seen him do before.
THE GUNMAN is currently shooting, with a probable release date sometime next year.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 467 total posts 7 posts
- EXCLUSIVE: Who's the voice of that stunning stinger character after the credits of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY? -- 83 total posts 7 posts
- ‘Here, Baby Baby!!’ WALKING DEAD Walking Schmed!! Syfy Releases Promo For Z NATION!! -- 18 total posts 1 post
- Capone has details on and the full line-up for a new Chicago-area horror film festival presented by Mr. Bruce Campbell!!! -- 22 total posts 1 post
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 299 total posts 1 post