Showtime Gives Second
Season To RAY DONOVAN!!
Showtime expects the Liev Schreiber drama to give the channel its most successful first-season series ever.
Look! Press release:
SHOWTIME® ORDERS SECOND SEASON OF RAY DONOVAN
THE NETWORK'S HIGHEST- RATED SERIES DEBUT EVER
Following Record-Breaking Premiere Week With Over 6 Million Viewers
LOS ANGELES, CA – (July 16, 2013) – Having made network history as its highest rated original series premiere ever and with continued ratings success in weeks two and three, SHOWTIME has picked up a second season of its critically acclaimed drama series RAY DONOVAN. Created and executive produced by Ann Biderman, the series stars Emmy® and Golden Globe® Award nominee Liev Schreiber in his first lead television role. The announcement was made today by David Nevins, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks Inc. RAY DONOVAN airs on Sunday nights at 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME. The second season will debut in 2014.
"RAY DONOVAN is on track to be our biggest season one show ever," said Nevins. "Ann Biderman and the extraordinarily talented creative team, coupled with the brilliant ensemble cast led by Liev Schreiber, have produced one of the hottest new dramas of the year. We are proud and excited to pick up another season."
RAY DONOVAN delivered the best debut of any freshman SHOWTIME comedy or drama series with more than 6 million viewers for its premiere across platforms (including replays, On Demand and Live +7). The series is also the first freshman drama in network history to improve on its series premiere in week two, up an impressive 15 percent in its second week on-air. In its third week, the series delivered 2.2 million viewers on Sunday night, on par with its record-setting second week.
Set in the sprawling mecca of the rich and famous, RAY DONOVAN stars Schreiber as LA’s best professional fixer, the man called in to make the city’s celebrities, superstar athletes, and business moguls’ most complicated and combustible situations go away. This powerful drama unfolds when his father, Mickey Donovan, played by Oscar® winner Jon Voight, is unexpectedly released from prison, setting off a chain of events that shakes the Donovan family to its core. The cast includes Oscar winner and guest star Elliott Gould as Ray's long-time client and mentor, Paula Malcomson (The Hunger Games) in the role of Ray's wife, Abby, along with Eddie Marsan (Sherlock Holmes) and Dash Mihok (I Am Legend), who play Ray's brothers. The series also stars Steven Bauer (Breaking Bad), Katherine Moennig (The L Word), Pooch Hall (The Game), Kerris Dorsey (Moneyball) and Devon Bagby. Johnathon Schaech (That Thing You Do!) and Peter Jacobson (House) guest star. RAY DONOVAN is created and executive produced by Ann Biderman (Southland), who also wrote the pilot episode. The series is also executive produced by Mark Gordon and Bryan Zuriff. RAY DONOVAN is a SHOWTIME production.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 567 total posts 567 posts
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 273 total posts 273 posts
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 715 total posts 174 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 117 total posts 90 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- This New HOBBIT Production Diary Shows Us Laketown, Smaug Bits, And Table Tennis Playing Middle Earthers!! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 93 total posts 50 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 53 total posts 48 posts