Fox is developing a big screen adaptation of X-FORCE with Jeff Wadlow to script and possibly direct!!!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
THR is reporting that Fox is currently developing a feature film adaptation of the X-Men comic book spinoff, X-Force. They are also reporting that KICK-ASS 2 director, Jeff Wadlow is writing the film and will possibly direct it.
X-Force is a comic series that was created in 1991 by Rob Liefeld as a militant and aggressive spin-off of X-Men. The team has seen many incarnations over the last 20+ years so this opens up a lot of questions. Is this going to be connected to Fox’s film version of X-MEN? Is it going to be the more serious version of the X-Force?
Well thankfully, Liefeld is a part of the development process and was being very active on Twitter today.
So from those Tweets it would appear that Cable and Deadpool are a virtual lock to be a part of the team. He also seems to still want Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool and seems confident that it will stay true to the roots of the character. (And not be a total abomination like the portrayal of Deadpool was in X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE.) It also looks like they are going to use the original, more serious version of the team as well. Don't get your hopes too high though as Liefeld also tried to curb expectations that the film is even made by saying,
When they cast an X-Force film then its reason to celebrate. They have a Magneto film in 'development' as well. Proceed with caution.— robertliefeld (@robertliefeld) July 12, 2013
As for Jeff Wadlow writing and possibly directing the film, I am going to wait until I see KICK-ASS 2 to really form an opinion on that. I didn't see NEVER BACK DOWN and heard nothing but terrible things about it, and I didn't like CRY WOLF at all either. If he can pull off KICK-ASS 2 though this might be great news. It worked out for Fox when they hired the original KICK-ASS director, Matthew Vaughn, to direct X-MEN: FIRST CLASS. The difference is that he had already showed a lot of potential with STARDUST and LAYER CAKE, where with Wadlow, he hasn't really showed anything so far. We will see though, it is certainly good news that Liefeld seems to have a significant role in the developmental process. Hopefully that will ensure a loyal adaptation.
What do you guys think? Which version of the team would you use? Any thoughts on casting?
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 55 total posts 19 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 111 total posts 12 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 251 total posts 6 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 361 total posts 5 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 164 total posts 3 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 284 total posts 3 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 32 total posts 3 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 141 total posts 3 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 41 total posts 3 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 126 total posts 3 posts