AICN Toys: Hot Toys Evil Superman (SUPERMAN III), Hot Toys Joe Colton (Bruce Willis), STAR WARS BLACK Greedo, WALKING DEAD, And More!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few toy lines that are making news this week. As always click on the photos for an embiggened look and for more information check out the preorder links.
EVIL SUPERMAN FROM HOT TOYS
After exposure to synthetic kryptonite, the man of steel transformed into a dark and evil version of himself. Perhaps the most memorable part of Superman III involved Clark Kent taking on his Bizarro doppleganger in a cartoonish yet brutal junkyard battle... or it could have been when that lady got turned into a cyborg (feel free to debate this in the talkbacks). Hot Toys will commemorate the film with a 2013 Toy Fairs Exclusive figure of Christopher Reeve with a 5 o’clock shadow. It will feature a special base, a movie-accurate costume, three sets of hands, and a wired cape for posing. It would have been double-cool if Hot Toys threw in a 1/6 scale bottle of Jack Daniels for him to chug, but that probably would have made this action figure way too epic, causing the heads of toy collectors across the globe explode Scanners style.
MAN OF STEEL JOR-EL FROM HOT TOYS
Hot Toys has released new pics of its upcoming figure of Superman’s father. Jor-El features Russell Crowe’s likeness, 30 points of articulation, three pairs of interchangeable hands, a movie-accurate cloth costume, a Kryptonian gun and a figure stand. He will go on sale in the first quarter of 2014 or you can preorder him here.
1/6 SCALE JOE COLTON FROM HOT TOYS
Hot Toys has announced another 12-inch action figure exclusive that fans will only be able to get at a few toy fairs this year. Bruce Willis lends his likeness to this G.I. Joe: Retaliation version of Joe Colton. It will feature more than 30 points of articulation, six interchangeable hands, a fabric military uniform, boots, magazine pouches, a machine gun with silencer, shotgun, three pistols, ammo clips, figure stand and more. While this figure looks great and all, it only makes me want a 1/6 scale Die Hard John McClane even more. Can someone please get to work on this?
1/6 SCALE HARLEY QUINN FROM SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES
The clown princess of chaos and The Joker’s right-hand lady will soon join the DC Comics sixth scale figure line. She comes dressed to kill in a detailed fabric bodysuit, fitted corset, customized boots and jester tights along with a wooden mallet, an oversized pop gun, engraved brass knuckles, a Sideshow exclusive engraved butcher’s knife, two different heads, and a variety interchangeable hands. She’ll release in February, but you can preorder her here.
STAR WARS BLACK GREEDO FROM HASBRO
Over the last four weeks, EntertainmentEarth.com has posted early pics and info about the upcoming 6-inch version of Jabba’s green lackey. This week, we got the first full image of the Star Wars Black figure. According to Flyguy.net, Greedo will be joined in the second and third waves of the figure line by Anakin Skywalker (Episode 3), Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode 3), Bespin Luke (Episode 5), Boba Fett (Episode 6), Slave Leia (Episode 6), Han Solo (Episode 4), and a Stormtrooper (Episode 4).
THE GOVERNOR IN RIOT GEAR FROM McFARLANE TOYS
A bunch of new The Walking Dead collectibles will go on sale exclusively at San Diego Comic-Con. One of those items happens to be this comic version of The Governor available at Skybound booth #2729. Based on his appearance in issue 42, he’ll come with two pistols, Michonne’s bloody sword and a bullhorn. You can see some of the other non-action figure exclusives over at TheWalkingDead.com.
AND FINALLY THIS WEEK... our friend Stew got his hands on the upcoming Man of Steel Play Arts Kai figure from Square Enix. Here's his very detailed video review...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is this our first look at The Thing from Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR reboot!?! -- 145 total posts 130 posts
- Nordling Reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 105 total posts 105 posts
- "The walrus is far more evolved than any man I've ever known...present company included." Trailer for Kevin Smith's TUSK has arrived! -- 71 total posts 60 posts
- Capone believes HERCULES does a Rock-solid job demystifying and reinforcing the myth!!! -- 57 total posts 57 posts
- SDCC '14: James Gunn to write and direct the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY sequel!! -- 97 total posts 45 posts
- Capone can't decide if Luc Besson's LUCY is a dumb movie about smart people or a smart movie about dumb people. Whatever it is, he still mostly digs it!!! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 129 total posts 33 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 269 total posts 32 posts
- Learn Which STAR TREK Icon Joins GAME OF THRONES Next Season!! (Hint: Not Nimoy!!) -- 29 total posts 29 posts
- Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!! -- 117 total posts 29 posts