The SAVING MR. BANKS Trailer!
Last time Tom Hanks was in a movie with SAVING in the title, he was shooting Nazis and rescuing Matt Damon. This time, he's secretly kidnapping children and making them his robot slaves on the IT'S A SMALL WORLD ride. Well, not really, but he is playing Walt Disney in Disney's SAVING MR. BANKS, the movie about the making of MARY POPPINS. Based on the trailer, it's about the collaboration between Disney and author P.L. Travers in bringing the beloved classic to life.
I'm curious to see how whitewashed Walt Disney is in the movie - I'd imagine since it's a Disney movie they certainly won't delve into the stranger aspects of his life, but I could be wrong. Considering the way Hollywood works today, this movie may well be utter fiction in the way studio heads deal with writers. I do believe that a lot of beloved movies are happy accidents, in their way - moments of synchronicity between art and commerce that seem to be rarer and rarer these days. I do like the whimisical nature of the trailer, and Bradley Whitford and Jason Schwartzman are always welcome. Here's the trailer, courtesy of AOL Moviefone:
SAVING MR. BANKS opens this December.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts