The SAVING MR. BANKS Trailer!
Last time Tom Hanks was in a movie with SAVING in the title, he was shooting Nazis and rescuing Matt Damon. This time, he's secretly kidnapping children and making them his robot slaves on the IT'S A SMALL WORLD ride. Well, not really, but he is playing Walt Disney in Disney's SAVING MR. BANKS, the movie about the making of MARY POPPINS. Based on the trailer, it's about the collaboration between Disney and author P.L. Travers in bringing the beloved classic to life.
I'm curious to see how whitewashed Walt Disney is in the movie - I'd imagine since it's a Disney movie they certainly won't delve into the stranger aspects of his life, but I could be wrong. Considering the way Hollywood works today, this movie may well be utter fiction in the way studio heads deal with writers. I do believe that a lot of beloved movies are happy accidents, in their way - moments of synchronicity between art and commerce that seem to be rarer and rarer these days. I do like the whimisical nature of the trailer, and Bradley Whitford and Jason Schwartzman are always welcome. Here's the trailer, courtesy of AOL Moviefone:
SAVING MR. BANKS opens this December.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 161 total posts 25 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 304 total posts 3 posts
- Spring Forward With Lauren Cohen & Sonequa Martin-Green On TALKING DEAD!! Data Brokers On 60 MINUTES!! The Premieres Of Fox’s COSMOS, Lohan’s LINDSAY & Carolla’s CATCH A CONTRATOR!! The Returns Of BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, ONCE & REVENGE!! New GIRLS, ISLAND, AMAZING, SHAMELESS, FIANCE, WIVES, AX!! KARDASHIANS & LOOKING Finales!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 4 total posts 1 post
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 216 total posts 1 post
- Merrick Stands Up In The Milky Way To Be Pummeled By The Greatness Of COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY!! -- 43 total posts 1 post