Live in Chicago? Capone has A LOT of seats to an early screening of THE CONJURING!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
If you've been following the word of mouth on the latest film from SAW and INSIDIOUS director James Wan, then you know that THE CONJURING might be the single scariest thing you're going to see all year. If you're at all familiar with the true-life story of paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren (played by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga), then you know that these two were either the bravest or craziest couple on the planet, and THE CONJURING could be the beginning of a franchise about their many investigations (which included a trip inside the actual Amityville haunted house). In the end, whether the events in this film (which also stars Lili Taylor and Ron Livingston) are true or not doesn't matter; if the movie makes me jump, scream and wet myself a little, I'm in.
I have got a ton of seats for a Chicago early screening of THE CONJURING on Tuesday, July 16 at 7:00 pm at a theater in Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at ConjuringChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Look What You Made Me Do" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a CONFIRMED Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your absolute favorite/scariest cinematic ghost story, and why?" I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me very soon if you won.
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the New Line/Warner Bros. for bringing this very cool screening to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 670 total posts 129 posts
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 73 total posts 46 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 45 total posts 40 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 66 total posts 23 posts
- Earlier Versions Of THE DARK CRYSTAL...Probably Felt A Lot Like This!! -- 121 total posts 20 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 65 total posts 20 posts
- Our first clip from the VERONICA MARS movie! Plus, a release date!! -- 44 total posts 20 posts
- A New 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE Trailer Brings The Xerxes!! -- 69 total posts 17 posts
- More pics of zombied-out Aubrey Plaza in LIFE AFTER BETH! -- 51 total posts 16 posts