I'm Your Friend to the End! The Trailer for CURSE OF CHUCKY is Here!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
The first trailer for Don Mancini's upcoming return to horror has arrived. The CHILD'S PLAY series had been taking some steps away from horror and was more firmly entrenched in comedy and camp with the last entries of BRIDE OF CHUCKY (my personal favorite of the series) and SEED OF CHUCKY, but it looks like everyone's favorite Good Guy is back to terrorizing in CURSE OF CHUCKY.
“Nica (Fiona Dourif) is grieving over the gruesome suicide of her mother when her domineering older sister Barb (Danielle Bisutti) arrives with her young family in tow to help settle their mother’s affairs. As the sisters butt heads over Nica’s plans for the future, Barb’s young daughter comforts herself with a grinning, red-haired talking doll named Chucky (voiced again by Brad Dourif) that recently arrived mysteriously in the mail. But as a string of brutal murders begins to terrorize the household, Nica suspects the doll may hold the key to the bloodshed. What she doesn’t know is that Chucky has a personal score to settle. He’s determined to finish a job he started more than 20 years earlier, and this time he’s going to see it through to the bloody and shocking end.“
The new doll's face is kind of freaking me out. In the original CHILD'S PLAY, Chucky looked pretty normal whenever he was in doll mode, but in this latest one, they seem to be setting out to unnerve you from the start with the creepiest fucking doll they could make. It's still definitely a child's toy (as opposed to my favorite look for the character, which was in BRIDE and in SEED where he was all sewn up and had hair stapled to his head), but really - would you buy this for your kids? I sure as shit wouldn't.
What do you guys think? Hi-dee Ho!
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 344 total posts 265 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 339 total posts 83 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 80 total posts 80 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 326 total posts 78 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 89 total posts 69 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 419 total posts 62 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 188 total posts 60 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 48 total posts 48 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 43 total posts 43 posts