And now it's time for Chicago's PACIFIC RIM screening in IMAX 3-D!!! Capone has the details…!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
I'm done talking about PACIFIC RIM. I'm done watching clips, trailers, special features that maybe should have been held from our view until the DVD was released. I'm done reading people's reactions to it, done with people trying to pretend like they knew the word Kaiju before this film went into production (I'm sure some of you did; good on you). I'm done with all of these things because now is the time to actually see the latest work from director and co-writer Guillermo del Toro and marvel in its glory up close and personal.
I'm not going to waste time or space going into a long explanation about what PACIFIC RIM is about. If you don't know, you don't belong here. Simple as that. But if you are a Chicago-area person who has counted it as one of the three or four films you've most anticipated in 2013, then I've got a nice opportunity for you to see it early and in IMAX 3-D. Here are the details; read them carefully.
The early Chicago screening of PACIFIC RIM will take place Tuesday, July 9 at 7:00 pm at the Navy Pier IMAX Theatre. To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at ChicagoRim@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Canceling the Apocalypse!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite film featuring a giant monster, and why?" I'm giving you a little leeway here; the film you choose doesn't have to be a kaiju movie; as long as the monster is larger than humans, I'm good. I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 100 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email over the holiday weekend!
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house. Winners' seats will be held until 30 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:30 pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Warner Bros. for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 264 total posts 150 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 271 total posts 116 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 178 total posts 100 posts
- New Poster for OPEN WINDOWS! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- This Trailer For The New SHAUN THE SHEEP Movie Doesn’t Look Too Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 149 total posts 47 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 234 total posts 37 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at EXTRATERRESTRIAL! SAVAGELAND! REVELATION TRAIL! THE POSESSION OF MICHAEL KING! THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE! SLOPPY THE PSYCHOTIC! MY FAIR ZOMBIE! THE FORBIDDEN GIRL! MOEBIUS! TWILIGHT ZONE 1985! SUFFER THE CHILDREN Book Review! & cast your vote for PRESIDENT WOLFMAN! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- DOLLHOUSE Vet To Play Steve Rogers’ Replacement In MARVEL’S AGENT CARTER?? -- 30 total posts 30 posts