And now it's time for Chicago's PACIFIC RIM screening in IMAX 3-D!!! Capone has the details…!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
I'm done talking about PACIFIC RIM. I'm done watching clips, trailers, special features that maybe should have been held from our view until the DVD was released. I'm done reading people's reactions to it, done with people trying to pretend like they knew the word Kaiju before this film went into production (I'm sure some of you did; good on you). I'm done with all of these things because now is the time to actually see the latest work from director and co-writer Guillermo del Toro and marvel in its glory up close and personal.
I'm not going to waste time or space going into a long explanation about what PACIFIC RIM is about. If you don't know, you don't belong here. Simple as that. But if you are a Chicago-area person who has counted it as one of the three or four films you've most anticipated in 2013, then I've got a nice opportunity for you to see it early and in IMAX 3-D. Here are the details; read them carefully.
The early Chicago screening of PACIFIC RIM will take place Tuesday, July 9 at 7:00 pm at the Navy Pier IMAX Theatre. To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at ChicagoRim@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Canceling the Apocalypse!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite film featuring a giant monster, and why?" I'm giving you a little leeway here; the film you choose doesn't have to be a kaiju movie; as long as the monster is larger than humans, I'm good. I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 100 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email over the holiday weekend!
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house. Winners' seats will be held until 30 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:30 pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Warner Bros. for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 189 total posts 189 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 84 total posts 82 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 75 total posts 75 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 86 total posts 60 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 150 total posts 46 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 71 total posts 45 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 185 total posts 43 posts
- Eric Bana Wants to DELIVER US FROM EVIL in this New Trailer! -- 43 total posts 43 posts
- Merrick Stands Up In The Milky Way To Be Pummeled By The Greatness Of COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts