And now it's time for Chicago's PACIFIC RIM screening in IMAX 3-D!!! Capone has the details…!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
I'm done talking about PACIFIC RIM. I'm done watching clips, trailers, special features that maybe should have been held from our view until the DVD was released. I'm done reading people's reactions to it, done with people trying to pretend like they knew the word Kaiju before this film went into production (I'm sure some of you did; good on you). I'm done with all of these things because now is the time to actually see the latest work from director and co-writer Guillermo del Toro and marvel in its glory up close and personal.
I'm not going to waste time or space going into a long explanation about what PACIFIC RIM is about. If you don't know, you don't belong here. Simple as that. But if you are a Chicago-area person who has counted it as one of the three or four films you've most anticipated in 2013, then I've got a nice opportunity for you to see it early and in IMAX 3-D. Here are the details; read them carefully.
The early Chicago screening of PACIFIC RIM will take place Tuesday, July 9 at 7:00 pm at the Navy Pier IMAX Theatre. To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at ChicagoRim@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Canceling the Apocalypse!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite film featuring a giant monster, and why?" I'm giving you a little leeway here; the film you choose doesn't have to be a kaiju movie; as long as the monster is larger than humans, I'm good. I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 100 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email over the holiday weekend!
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house. Winners' seats will be held until 30 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:30 pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Warner Bros. for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 242 total posts 242 posts
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 234 total posts 234 posts
- Some Cool Images Preview The Upcoming Trailer From Tom Cruise's EDGE OF TOMORROW!! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 532 total posts 62 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 487 total posts 60 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- Images From Matt Smith's Final DOCTOR WHO Episode - 'The Time of the Doctor'!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 236 total posts 27 posts
- Peter Berg Says No New FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Movie -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 198 total posts 14 posts