Food puns galore in this newest trailer for CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
We have a new trailer for CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2, and it gives us a little deeper of a peek into the newly "foodimal"-infested island of Swallow Falls. There is a ton of focus on the plethora of new creatures, such as a cute strawberry sidekick, swinging "shrimpanzees", and brontosaurus-like scallions. We get more moments with the returning cast, including Bill Hader, Andy Samberg, Anna Faris, James Caan, and Benjamin Bratt, as well as Terry Crews replacing Mr. T as the cop character. I didn't go as bonkers over the first one as some others did, but I enjoyed it nonetheless; this one looks a little too gimmicky and corny (no pun intended) for me. The concept seems like even more of a stretch than the first one, it seems like there aren't really any major new characters, and I don't know if the old ones were even interesting enough to revisit (though I still love the character design for the Caan-voiced father). I can say that it sure looks colorful, and that a lot of thought has clearly gone into the look of everything on the island, which should provide for a fairly visually-engaging experience at the very least. But I'm still waiting for HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2; now that was a movie that warranted a franchise.
Question: how the frick do these characters immediately know what all these things are called? Or are they just super-clever and can name them all on the spot? STOP DOING THE TOY MANUFACTURERS' WORK FOR THEM THEY'LL FIGURE OUT WHAT TO CALL THESE THINGS ON THEIR OWN!!
CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 (I still prefer the title CLOUDY 2: REVENGE OF THE LEFTOVERS, but this is for kids and I guess they think kids are stupid) starts serving on September 27th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 218 total posts 194 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 194 total posts 194 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 259 total posts 155 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 519 total posts 129 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 698 total posts 96 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 112 total posts 66 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 50 total posts 49 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 106 total posts 42 posts
- The Girls Come Out To Play In Red-Band Comic Con Trailer For SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! -- 98 total posts 39 posts