Food puns galore in this newest trailer for CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
We have a new trailer for CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2, and it gives us a little deeper of a peek into the newly "foodimal"-infested island of Swallow Falls. There is a ton of focus on the plethora of new creatures, such as a cute strawberry sidekick, swinging "shrimpanzees", and brontosaurus-like scallions. We get more moments with the returning cast, including Bill Hader, Andy Samberg, Anna Faris, James Caan, and Benjamin Bratt, as well as Terry Crews replacing Mr. T as the cop character. I didn't go as bonkers over the first one as some others did, but I enjoyed it nonetheless; this one looks a little too gimmicky and corny (no pun intended) for me. The concept seems like even more of a stretch than the first one, it seems like there aren't really any major new characters, and I don't know if the old ones were even interesting enough to revisit (though I still love the character design for the Caan-voiced father). I can say that it sure looks colorful, and that a lot of thought has clearly gone into the look of everything on the island, which should provide for a fairly visually-engaging experience at the very least. But I'm still waiting for HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2; now that was a movie that warranted a franchise.
Question: how the frick do these characters immediately know what all these things are called? Or are they just super-clever and can name them all on the spot? STOP DOING THE TOY MANUFACTURERS' WORK FOR THEM THEY'LL FIGURE OUT WHAT TO CALL THESE THINGS ON THEIR OWN!!
CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 (I still prefer the title CLOUDY 2: REVENGE OF THE LEFTOVERS, but this is for kids and I guess they think kids are stupid) starts serving on September 27th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 244 total posts 143 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 112 total posts 112 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 244 total posts 107 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 64 total posts 64 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! -- 63 total posts 63 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 146 total posts 55 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 106 total posts 50 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 66 total posts 38 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 447 total posts 36 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 23 posts