Food puns galore in this newest trailer for CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
We have a new trailer for CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2, and it gives us a little deeper of a peek into the newly "foodimal"-infested island of Swallow Falls. There is a ton of focus on the plethora of new creatures, such as a cute strawberry sidekick, swinging "shrimpanzees", and brontosaurus-like scallions. We get more moments with the returning cast, including Bill Hader, Andy Samberg, Anna Faris, James Caan, and Benjamin Bratt, as well as Terry Crews replacing Mr. T as the cop character. I didn't go as bonkers over the first one as some others did, but I enjoyed it nonetheless; this one looks a little too gimmicky and corny (no pun intended) for me. The concept seems like even more of a stretch than the first one, it seems like there aren't really any major new characters, and I don't know if the old ones were even interesting enough to revisit (though I still love the character design for the Caan-voiced father). I can say that it sure looks colorful, and that a lot of thought has clearly gone into the look of everything on the island, which should provide for a fairly visually-engaging experience at the very least. But I'm still waiting for HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2; now that was a movie that warranted a franchise.
Question: how the frick do these characters immediately know what all these things are called? Or are they just super-clever and can name them all on the spot? STOP DOING THE TOY MANUFACTURERS' WORK FOR THEM THEY'LL FIGURE OUT WHAT TO CALL THESE THINGS ON THEIR OWN!!
CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 (I still prefer the title CLOUDY 2: REVENGE OF THE LEFTOVERS, but this is for kids and I guess they think kids are stupid) starts serving on September 27th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 417 total posts 80 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 165 total posts 35 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 42 total posts 34 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 62 total posts 33 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 41 total posts 32 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 59 total posts 23 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 85 total posts 17 posts
- Ron Howard will attempt to discover THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR! -- 32 total posts 17 posts