Food puns galore in this newest trailer for CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
We have a new trailer for CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2, and it gives us a little deeper of a peek into the newly "foodimal"-infested island of Swallow Falls. There is a ton of focus on the plethora of new creatures, such as a cute strawberry sidekick, swinging "shrimpanzees", and brontosaurus-like scallions. We get more moments with the returning cast, including Bill Hader, Andy Samberg, Anna Faris, James Caan, and Benjamin Bratt, as well as Terry Crews replacing Mr. T as the cop character. I didn't go as bonkers over the first one as some others did, but I enjoyed it nonetheless; this one looks a little too gimmicky and corny (no pun intended) for me. The concept seems like even more of a stretch than the first one, it seems like there aren't really any major new characters, and I don't know if the old ones were even interesting enough to revisit (though I still love the character design for the Caan-voiced father). I can say that it sure looks colorful, and that a lot of thought has clearly gone into the look of everything on the island, which should provide for a fairly visually-engaging experience at the very least. But I'm still waiting for HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2; now that was a movie that warranted a franchise.
Question: how the frick do these characters immediately know what all these things are called? Or are they just super-clever and can name them all on the spot? STOP DOING THE TOY MANUFACTURERS' WORK FOR THEM THEY'LL FIGURE OUT WHAT TO CALL THESE THINGS ON THEIR OWN!!
CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 (I still prefer the title CLOUDY 2: REVENGE OF THE LEFTOVERS, but this is for kids and I guess they think kids are stupid) starts serving on September 27th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 26 total posts 24 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 153 total posts 11 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 541 total posts 9 posts
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 23 total posts 6 posts
- New PARKS, PARENTHOOD, PORTLANDIA, COMMUNITY, ELEMENTARY, HALF, CRAZY, MILLERS, VIKINGS, VAMPIRE, REIGN, GREY’S, SCANDAL, NERDS, IDOL, RAKE, BOO BOO, SEAGAL!! The Returns Of SUITS & WONDERLAND!! Bob Mould On LETTERMAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 21 total posts 6 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 108 total posts 4 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 30 total posts 4 posts
- Behold DIVERGENT’s Nifty New IMAX Poster!! -- 59 total posts 2 posts
- Jude Law spies a role alongside Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham in SUSAN COOPER! -- 14 total posts 2 posts