NBC Snags Mark Burnett Sequel Miniseries THE BIBLE 2!!
History’s “The Bible” miniseries (you remember – the one that cast that Obama-looking guy as Satan) got better ratings than most of what aired on NBC last season, so now NBC has snagged the sequel.
“The Bible – The Next Generation” (or whatever they end up calling it – the working title is “A.D.: Beyond The Bible”) will follow events subsequent to Jesus’ crucifixion.
NBC TO PARTNER WITH PRODUCER MARK BURNETT TO BRING HIS FOLLOW-UP PROJECT TO THE ENORMOUSLY POPULAR MINISERIES ‘THE BIBLE’ TO THE PEACOCK NETWORK
‘A.D.: BEYOND THE BIBLE’ (WORKING TITLE) FROM MARK BURNETT AND ROMA DOWNEY, IS FIRST ANNOUNCED PROJECT UNDER NBC’S NEW LONGFORM PROGRAMMING INITIATIVE
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – July 01, 2013 – Award-winning executive producer Mark Burnett (“The Voice,” “Celebrity Apprentice”) will continue his relationship with the peacock network by bringing “A.D.: BEYOND THE BIBLE,” (working title) to NBC, his follow-up project with his wife, Roma Downey, to this spring’s enormously popular 10-part miniseries “The Bible.” The announcement was made by Jennifer Salke, President of NBC Entertainment, and Bob Greenblatt, Chairman of NBC Entertainment.
“NBC is thrilled to bring this highly-anticipated sequel to Mark and Roma’s ‘The Bible’ to network television,” said Salke. “There was huge interest in this project within the television community and NBC is gratified by Mark’s confidence in our ability to partner with him and position this miniseries as true event television.“
Greenblatt added: “I followed the development process of ‘The Bible’ closely with Mark and knew that the story was far from over after Christ’s Crucifixion. In fact, what happened in the aftermath – which is essentially the beginning of Christianity – is utterly fascinating. The day after ‘The Bible’ premiered, I told Mark we were on board with no hesitation for the follow-up miniseries. This will be attention-getting in every way, and we’re proud to continue our association with Mark which has just grown exponentially from ‘The Voice.’”
“We are thrilled to be working with Bob, Jen and Quinn Taylor to bring the follow-up to our hit cable series ‘The Bible’ to broadcast television with NBC," said Burnett and Downey. "Our new series, A.D.: BEYOND THE BIBLE, is another massive project and a major commitment, but it’s a story that has to be told. It’s a story that changed the world. We look forward to making this an enormous television event on NBC."
Mark Burnett and Roma Downey's epic follow up to their #1 miniseries, “The Bible,” -- A.D.: BEYOND THE BIBLE -- begins in the dark days after Jesus’ betrayal and death. A perfect storm brews in the Holy Land, fueled by social injustice, Roman military oppression and religious unrest. High priests and the Herod dynasty vie for power. Zealot revolutionaries turn to violence to regain what they believe is their promised land. And in the face of terrible odds and brutal persecution, the small band of Jesus’ disciples stand against the combined might of Rome and their own local authorities. In a generation of rebellion, war, famine, and carnage, who can they trust? Who should they fear? Will tomorrow bring a violent death? For many, it does … but others survive, and as the storm around them breaks, the fate of Israel, of Rome and of their faith is decided.
“The Bible,” which was produced by Burnett and Downey’s LightWorkers Media and starred Downey as Mary, the mother of Jesus, was the number one new cable series of 2013 and dominated both ratings and media attention this spring. In its first week of home video release, “The Bible” was the top-selling miniseries of all time and the number one television series on DVD and Blu-Ray in the past five years. It has just surpassed 1 million units sold in the past three months.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 234 total posts 99 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 287 total posts 96 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 121 total posts 35 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 65 total posts 28 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 179 total posts 13 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 36 total posts 12 posts
LOW WINTER SUN
2013-2013 -- 17 total posts 10 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 75 total posts 8 posts
- Capone feels burned by the out-of-control acting in OUT OF THE FURNACE!!! -- 57 total posts 6 posts