This PACIFIC RIM "Elbow Rocket" clip has been described as 1% of its action sequence... my the mind boggles!
Hey folks, Harry here... People ask me why I'm going absolutely bananas waiting to see PACIFIC RIM - it's because when I saw the ILM Audition Reel - I realized that what I was looking at was going to be the worst action footage from a film at a new scale of whupass. Screenwriter Travis Beacham posted a link on Twitter to the clip below saying, "This clip constitutes like 1% of the best, most sprawling action sequence I have ever seen in my life." Now sure - he's invested. But I have to say - if that's just 1%, whatever the 99% more is - I just have to fucking see.
This is big awe and wonder shit. I mean, do you remember HOTH? Where the scale of what you were seeing was suddenly upped to a level that heightened the imagination. Now sure - we were kids back then - and it seems some of you have grown up. That's actually tragic. Me - I look at this stuff and suddenly I see Hollywood and Filmmakers reaching to give us a whole lot of just never before seen amazing shit. Just amazing. As for Variety declaring this the next BATTLESHIP... BATTLESHIP was never anticipated. It was maligned as a joke movie the second it was suggested. Then, when they started screening the film and the critics reacted to the mega turd bomb. Right now, film writers and critics have begun to see the film and the word is nearly 100%. People are loving the movie. As far as I know there's nobody carrying the BATTLESHIP flag, but PACIFIC RIM already has people in LOVE with the movie. The tracking may be off, but as Warners and Legendary begin screening this film - the word of mouth is gonna become absolutely contagious. This film will absolutely need everyone to campaign for it - and I believe its the sort of film that will earn that. Watch this scene... Are you not just amazed? This is 1% of a fight. Can you imagine where it goes? Put the video full screen, put on some earbuds. Absorb the awesome...
Also - this featurette hit... Watch it too. This is just amazing stuff:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 295 total posts 14 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 224 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 117 total posts 2 posts