Be Seduced by the First Clip from Lars von Trier's NYMPHOMANIAC!!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Lars von Trier's new film, NYMPHOMANIAC, is already causing a stir, and we don't even have a trailer yet. But Charlotte Gainsbourg playing a sex-addict and rumors of tons of onscreen sex is enough to get people talking.
NYMPHOMANIAC tells the story of a self-diagnosed sex-addict (Gainsbourg), who recounts her experiences one night to a man (Stellan Skarsgård) who saves her after an assault. The story will be divided into eight chapters, spanning two films.
The Guardian released the synopsis for the first chapter, and we have a clip below.
The clip itself is tame, but it sets up the seductive nature that we will see later on in the film. Here, young Joe (who will eventually become the nymphomaniac of the title, and is played here by Stacy Martin) and her friend, the more sexually experienced B (Sophie Kennedy Clark) make a bet to see who can seduce the most men on the train ride. The prize? A coveted bag of chocolate sweets.
The Official Synopsis:
– Chapter 1 –
The Compleat Angler
How does an ordinary bag of chocolate sweets become a symbol of sexual victory?
As Joe and her experienced friend B embark on a train trip, they bet on how many men they can seduce on the ride.
The grand prize is a delicious bag of chocolate sweets, and it soon becomes clear to Joe that in order to win, she needs to lure the prey into biting the hook like a skilled fisherman.
NYMPHOMANIAC doesn't have a U.S. release date yet, but it will begin opening in Europe around Christmas, so hopefully we will see it around that time as well.
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 98 total posts 21 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 506 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 155 total posts 1 post
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 227 total posts 1 post