Next summer to get a lot wetter. FIFTY SHADES OF GREY gets a release date!!
Hey Yo! Draven here.
It seems that things are finally coming together for the film adaptation of FIFTY SHADES OF GREY. We recently found out Sam Taylor-Johnson was going to direct it and now we have a release date. August 1, 2014. Yes, that is the same day GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is coming out. That should make for a terrific double feature, that I know all of you will be excited for.
Casting is the next step, so the national nightmare of us not knowing who is going to portray Anastasia and Christian, can finally come to an end. No word yet on if this is going to be in 3-D but keep the hope. It would also make an amazing D-Box experience. Stay tuned.
Here is the official press release:
The global release of Fifty Shades of Grey will start in North America on Friday, August 1st, 2014 with opening dates around the world to be announced. The Focus Features domestic theatrical release will be in theaters nationwide. Universal Pictures International is releasing the movie in the rest of the world.
Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing the highly anticipated film adaptation of E L James’ #1 bestselling book. Fifty Shades of Grey has been adapted into a screenplay by Kelly Marcel. Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti are producing the movie version alongside Ms. James.
Universal Pictures and Focus Features acquired the rights to the three books in the “Fifty Shades of Grey” trilogy in March 2012. Focus Features will market and distribute the first film in partnership with Universal. Fifty Shades of Grey has become a global phenomenon and the trilogy has been translated in over 50 languages worldwide since its release. To date, the “Fifty Shades” trilogy has sold over 70 million copies worldwide in e-book and print, making it one of the fastest-selling book series ever.
Fifty Shades of Grey (first published in 2011) follows the relationship of 27-year-old billionaire Christian Grey and college student Anastasia Steele. Subsequent novels in the series, Fifty Shades Darker (2011) and Fifty Shades Freed (2012) explore the couple’s deepening relationship. For more information please see the official Fifty Shades of Grey Facebook page: www.facebook.com/fiftyshadesofgreymovie.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 129 total posts 29 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 101 total posts 10 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 66 total posts 10 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 147 total posts 10 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 200 total posts 5 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 416 total posts 5 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 63 total posts 3 posts
- "Welcome to the show!" says the red-band trailer for V/H/S:VIRAL!! -- 31 total posts 3 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 111 total posts 2 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 30 total posts 2 posts