Next summer to get a lot wetter. FIFTY SHADES OF GREY gets a release date!!
Hey Yo! Draven here.
It seems that things are finally coming together for the film adaptation of FIFTY SHADES OF GREY. We recently found out Sam Taylor-Johnson was going to direct it and now we have a release date. August 1, 2014. Yes, that is the same day GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is coming out. That should make for a terrific double feature, that I know all of you will be excited for.
Casting is the next step, so the national nightmare of us not knowing who is going to portray Anastasia and Christian, can finally come to an end. No word yet on if this is going to be in 3-D but keep the hope. It would also make an amazing D-Box experience. Stay tuned.
Here is the official press release:
The global release of Fifty Shades of Grey will start in North America on Friday, August 1st, 2014 with opening dates around the world to be announced. The Focus Features domestic theatrical release will be in theaters nationwide. Universal Pictures International is releasing the movie in the rest of the world.
Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing the highly anticipated film adaptation of E L James’ #1 bestselling book. Fifty Shades of Grey has been adapted into a screenplay by Kelly Marcel. Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti are producing the movie version alongside Ms. James.
Universal Pictures and Focus Features acquired the rights to the three books in the “Fifty Shades of Grey” trilogy in March 2012. Focus Features will market and distribute the first film in partnership with Universal. Fifty Shades of Grey has become a global phenomenon and the trilogy has been translated in over 50 languages worldwide since its release. To date, the “Fifty Shades” trilogy has sold over 70 million copies worldwide in e-book and print, making it one of the fastest-selling book series ever.
Fifty Shades of Grey (first published in 2011) follows the relationship of 27-year-old billionaire Christian Grey and college student Anastasia Steele. Subsequent novels in the series, Fifty Shades Darker (2011) and Fifty Shades Freed (2012) explore the couple’s deepening relationship. For more information please see the official Fifty Shades of Grey Facebook page: www.facebook.com/fiftyshadesofgreymovie.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 280 total posts 145 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 314 total posts 123 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, Tomorrow’s HOMELAND, The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 151 total posts 65 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 67 total posts 30 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 184 total posts 18 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 41 total posts 17 posts
LOW WINTER SUN
2013-2013 -- 22 total posts 15 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 77 total posts 10 posts