Richard Matheson Is Legend!
Perhaps the most immediate thing one would note about Richard is that no one label fits him. Which is all to the good. Whether he is writing the weird, the horror, the science-fiction or the fantasy tale, all are more than each label implies. He is, in sum, a mainstream writer. Take my word for it and forget all the malarkey that the New York snob critics publish about all of us.
I would go on at greater length but Matheson doesn't need me to explain him to you. He, himself, is the best explainer.
Richard Matheson is worth our time, attention and great affection.
So said Ray Bradbury in the forward to the collection DUEL: TERROR STORIES BY RICHARD MATHESON, and so shall I obey. Two years ago, I had the great honor of visiting Richard Matheson at his home in Calabasas, California. We were scheduled for a half-hour interview to help promote REAL STEEL, but, before I knew it, an hour had elapsed, and we had discussed a great deal of his career. I could give you a greatest hits of Matheson's work in print, television and film, or I could let the great author explain it himself. Mr. Matheson, you have the floor and our everlasting gratitude for the last sixty years of wonderment.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 297 total posts 147 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 344 total posts 63 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 266 total posts 20 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 583 total posts 17 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 236 total posts 16 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 200 total posts 10 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 202 total posts 9 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 121 total posts 6 posts