The new trailer for COMPUTER CHESS is intriguing and unique!!!
Hey Yo! Draven here.
Here is the best look we have had yet at the Sundance favorite, COMPUTER CHESS:
From the film's official website:
Set over the course of a weekend tournament for chess software programmers thirty-some years ago, COMPUTER CHESS transports viewers to a nostalgic moment when the contest between technology and the human spirit seemed a little more up for grabs. We get to know the eccentric geniuses possessed of the vision to teach a metal box to defeat man, literally, at his own game, laying the groundwork for artificial intelligence as we know it and will come to know it in the future.
This movie had some pretty decent buzz coming out of Sundance and AICN’s own Monty Cristo is a big fan of the film, having already seen it twice. He said:
“Computer Chess is one of the best movies about computer programmers I've ever seen. The jargon is actual programmer jargon, the actors are convincing as programmers rather than underwear models, and beyond the speculative fiction elements (!), it represents an important phase in computing history.”
He also personally told me that it was one of the most unique science fiction films he has ever seen and that this trailer and its tone perfectly captures the film itself.
I then found out that the film was shot on period-authentic camera equipment, which was then transferred to hard drives. This is what makes the film look like a documentary that is using vintage footage. I find the look very interesting.
COMPUTER CHESS begins its roll out on July 17th and hopefully enough of you that are in the major markets will go and see this, so people like me, in medium sized markets will get a chance to see it too. This is the kind of experimental, genre blending, fun cinema that should appeal to many of us, so give it a chance if you get the opportunity. To see when or if it will be playing near you this summer, click here.
Be one of the cool kids and follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- You're going to have to wait until 2017 to fly again with Hiccup and Toothless in HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 3! -- 38 total posts 11 posts
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 228 total posts 10 posts
- WIRE Reunion!! Clarke Peters Joins Winona Ryder, James Belushi, Daniel Stern, Alfred Molina, Catherine Keener And Oscar Isaac For David Simon’s HBO Class-Warfare Miniseries SHOW ME A HERO!! -- 19 total posts 8 posts
- Guillermo del Toro and Legendary Teaming Up with YouTube for Halloween Short Films Project! -- 38 total posts 7 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 164 total posts 5 posts
- Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling to bust some heads as Shane Black's NICE GUYS in July 2016! -- 42 total posts 5 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 470 total posts 4 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 81 total posts 4 posts
-- 25 total posts 3 posts
- New Red-Band Trailer For ABCs OF DEATH 2 Ain't Fucking Around! -- 36 total posts 2 posts