The new trailer for COMPUTER CHESS is intriguing and unique!!!
Hey Yo! Draven here.
Here is the best look we have had yet at the Sundance favorite, COMPUTER CHESS:
From the film's official website:
Set over the course of a weekend tournament for chess software programmers thirty-some years ago, COMPUTER CHESS transports viewers to a nostalgic moment when the contest between technology and the human spirit seemed a little more up for grabs. We get to know the eccentric geniuses possessed of the vision to teach a metal box to defeat man, literally, at his own game, laying the groundwork for artificial intelligence as we know it and will come to know it in the future.
This movie had some pretty decent buzz coming out of Sundance and AICN’s own Monty Cristo is a big fan of the film, having already seen it twice. He said:
“Computer Chess is one of the best movies about computer programmers I've ever seen. The jargon is actual programmer jargon, the actors are convincing as programmers rather than underwear models, and beyond the speculative fiction elements (!), it represents an important phase in computing history.”
He also personally told me that it was one of the most unique science fiction films he has ever seen and that this trailer and its tone perfectly captures the film itself.
I then found out that the film was shot on period-authentic camera equipment, which was then transferred to hard drives. This is what makes the film look like a documentary that is using vintage footage. I find the look very interesting.
COMPUTER CHESS begins its roll out on July 17th and hopefully enough of you that are in the major markets will go and see this, so people like me, in medium sized markets will get a chance to see it too. This is the kind of experimental, genre blending, fun cinema that should appeal to many of us, so give it a chance if you get the opportunity. To see when or if it will be playing near you this summer, click here.
Be one of the cool kids and follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 138 total posts 7 posts
- Aliens look to Steve Martin to find them a new home planet in this extended teaser for HOME, entitled ALMOST HOME! -- 18 total posts 6 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 69 total posts 3 posts
- International OCULUS Poster Has Arrived! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 36 total posts 1 post
- Kristen Wiig gets CATFISHed by Hailee Steinfeld posing as her father, Guy Pearce, in this trailer for HATESHIP LOVESHIP! -- 24 total posts 1 post
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 119 total posts 1 post
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 77 total posts 1 post
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 73 total posts 1 post