The new trailer for COMPUTER CHESS is intriguing and unique!!!
Hey Yo! Draven here.
Here is the best look we have had yet at the Sundance favorite, COMPUTER CHESS:
From the film's official website:
Set over the course of a weekend tournament for chess software programmers thirty-some years ago, COMPUTER CHESS transports viewers to a nostalgic moment when the contest between technology and the human spirit seemed a little more up for grabs. We get to know the eccentric geniuses possessed of the vision to teach a metal box to defeat man, literally, at his own game, laying the groundwork for artificial intelligence as we know it and will come to know it in the future.
This movie had some pretty decent buzz coming out of Sundance and AICN’s own Monty Cristo is a big fan of the film, having already seen it twice. He said:
“Computer Chess is one of the best movies about computer programmers I've ever seen. The jargon is actual programmer jargon, the actors are convincing as programmers rather than underwear models, and beyond the speculative fiction elements (!), it represents an important phase in computing history.”
He also personally told me that it was one of the most unique science fiction films he has ever seen and that this trailer and its tone perfectly captures the film itself.
I then found out that the film was shot on period-authentic camera equipment, which was then transferred to hard drives. This is what makes the film look like a documentary that is using vintage footage. I find the look very interesting.
COMPUTER CHESS begins its roll out on July 17th and hopefully enough of you that are in the major markets will go and see this, so people like me, in medium sized markets will get a chance to see it too. This is the kind of experimental, genre blending, fun cinema that should appeal to many of us, so give it a chance if you get the opportunity. To see when or if it will be playing near you this summer, click here.
Be one of the cool kids and follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 106 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 512 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts