Vegas gets pwned in this new banner for GODZILLA!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
There are all sorts of cool promo posters and images coming out of the Licensing Expo that's currently going on in Las Vegas, and now, we have one via Coming Soon that depicts, appropriately enough, Vegas after an apparent stomping by the Big Green Guy. I don't know if this is showing something that actually happens to the movie, but I fucking hope so; we see L.A., New York, and even Chicago get blown-ed up all the damn time, but aside from MARS ATTACKS, Vegas usually gets a pass. Wouldn't it be satisfying to see tourist families and gambling addicts running for their lives as Gojira tears down all the tacky architecture on the Strip?
One thing's for sure: this image shows the kind of hell-fire damnation that the carnage in this movie will be shooting for. This time it's not just some crumbled buildings or holes in NYC skyscrapers. This looks like the freaking THIS IS THE END apocalypse, merely instigated by a radioactive lizard and whatever dumb-ass alien/creature that has the nerve to step up to him.
There's also an interesting quote in the press release specifically created for the event. Legendary and Warner Bros. slipped this tidbit in, hinting that kaiju battling will be part of this reboot:
"Featuring spectacular creatures, thrilling action, epic battles and a legendary monster, Godzilla provides the backbone for a monstrous merchandise offering for fans of all ages and enables compelling cross-category opportunities across mass and specialty retailers."
As Shock Till You Drop notes, they happen to mention the presence of multiple, "spectacuular" creatures alongside the titular beast, so it would seem that this green giant will have more to deal with than tanks and General "Thunderbolt" Ross.
So, I guess all that's left to say is…fuck yeah.
Think it's a stretch that Warner Bros. will premiere a teaser with PACIFIC RIM? 'Cause I don't.
Gareth Evans' GODZILLA opens May 16th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 61 total posts 29 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 367 total posts 27 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 164 total posts 16 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 15 total posts 9 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 27 total posts 6 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 82 total posts 6 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 98 total posts 5 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 272 total posts 5 posts