Vegas gets pwned in this new banner for GODZILLA!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
There are all sorts of cool promo posters and images coming out of the Licensing Expo that's currently going on in Las Vegas, and now, we have one via Coming Soon that depicts, appropriately enough, Vegas after an apparent stomping by the Big Green Guy. I don't know if this is showing something that actually happens to the movie, but I fucking hope so; we see L.A., New York, and even Chicago get blown-ed up all the damn time, but aside from MARS ATTACKS, Vegas usually gets a pass. Wouldn't it be satisfying to see tourist families and gambling addicts running for their lives as Gojira tears down all the tacky architecture on the Strip?
One thing's for sure: this image shows the kind of hell-fire damnation that the carnage in this movie will be shooting for. This time it's not just some crumbled buildings or holes in NYC skyscrapers. This looks like the freaking THIS IS THE END apocalypse, merely instigated by a radioactive lizard and whatever dumb-ass alien/creature that has the nerve to step up to him.
There's also an interesting quote in the press release specifically created for the event. Legendary and Warner Bros. slipped this tidbit in, hinting that kaiju battling will be part of this reboot:
"Featuring spectacular creatures, thrilling action, epic battles and a legendary monster, Godzilla provides the backbone for a monstrous merchandise offering for fans of all ages and enables compelling cross-category opportunities across mass and specialty retailers."
As Shock Till You Drop notes, they happen to mention the presence of multiple, "spectacuular" creatures alongside the titular beast, so it would seem that this green giant will have more to deal with than tanks and General "Thunderbolt" Ross.
So, I guess all that's left to say is…fuck yeah.
Think it's a stretch that Warner Bros. will premiere a teaser with PACIFIC RIM? 'Cause I don't.
Gareth Evans' GODZILLA opens May 16th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 48 total posts 26 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 144 total posts 24 posts
- Jon Favreau Still Contemplating A Trip To The MAGIC KINGDOM! -- 43 total posts 17 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 336 total posts 17 posts
- ‘That Place Can Be Exhausting!!’ Herc Endorses Tonight’s JUSTIFIED 5.9!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 306 total posts 12 posts
-- 36 total posts 9 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 96 total posts 9 posts
- Atom Egoyan's West Memphis Three Drama DEVIL'S KNOT Gets A Suitably Dramatic Trailer! -- 22 total posts 8 posts