Vegas gets pwned in this new banner for GODZILLA!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
There are all sorts of cool promo posters and images coming out of the Licensing Expo that's currently going on in Las Vegas, and now, we have one via Coming Soon that depicts, appropriately enough, Vegas after an apparent stomping by the Big Green Guy. I don't know if this is showing something that actually happens to the movie, but I fucking hope so; we see L.A., New York, and even Chicago get blown-ed up all the damn time, but aside from MARS ATTACKS, Vegas usually gets a pass. Wouldn't it be satisfying to see tourist families and gambling addicts running for their lives as Gojira tears down all the tacky architecture on the Strip?
One thing's for sure: this image shows the kind of hell-fire damnation that the carnage in this movie will be shooting for. This time it's not just some crumbled buildings or holes in NYC skyscrapers. This looks like the freaking THIS IS THE END apocalypse, merely instigated by a radioactive lizard and whatever dumb-ass alien/creature that has the nerve to step up to him.
There's also an interesting quote in the press release specifically created for the event. Legendary and Warner Bros. slipped this tidbit in, hinting that kaiju battling will be part of this reboot:
"Featuring spectacular creatures, thrilling action, epic battles and a legendary monster, Godzilla provides the backbone for a monstrous merchandise offering for fans of all ages and enables compelling cross-category opportunities across mass and specialty retailers."
As Shock Till You Drop notes, they happen to mention the presence of multiple, "spectacuular" creatures alongside the titular beast, so it would seem that this green giant will have more to deal with than tanks and General "Thunderbolt" Ross.
So, I guess all that's left to say is…fuck yeah.
Think it's a stretch that Warner Bros. will premiere a teaser with PACIFIC RIM? 'Cause I don't.
Gareth Evans' GODZILLA opens May 16th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 266 total posts 10 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 135 total posts 9 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 155 total posts 8 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 201 total posts 8 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 51 total posts 5 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 686 total posts 3 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 139 total posts 3 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 292 total posts 3 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 98 total posts 3 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 237 total posts 2 posts