Vegas gets pwned in this new banner for GODZILLA!!
Howdy do, everyone, Papa Vinyard here.
There are all sorts of cool promo posters and images coming out of the Licensing Expo that's currently going on in Las Vegas, and now, we have one via Coming Soon that depicts, appropriately enough, Vegas after an apparent stomping by the Big Green Guy. I don't know if this is showing something that actually happens to the movie, but I fucking hope so; we see L.A., New York, and even Chicago get blown-ed up all the damn time, but aside from MARS ATTACKS, Vegas usually gets a pass. Wouldn't it be satisfying to see tourist families and gambling addicts running for their lives as Gojira tears down all the tacky architecture on the Strip?
One thing's for sure: this image shows the kind of hell-fire damnation that the carnage in this movie will be shooting for. This time it's not just some crumbled buildings or holes in NYC skyscrapers. This looks like the freaking THIS IS THE END apocalypse, merely instigated by a radioactive lizard and whatever dumb-ass alien/creature that has the nerve to step up to him.
There's also an interesting quote in the press release specifically created for the event. Legendary and Warner Bros. slipped this tidbit in, hinting that kaiju battling will be part of this reboot:
"Featuring spectacular creatures, thrilling action, epic battles and a legendary monster, Godzilla provides the backbone for a monstrous merchandise offering for fans of all ages and enables compelling cross-category opportunities across mass and specialty retailers."
As Shock Till You Drop notes, they happen to mention the presence of multiple, "spectacuular" creatures alongside the titular beast, so it would seem that this green giant will have more to deal with than tanks and General "Thunderbolt" Ross.
So, I guess all that's left to say is…fuck yeah.
Think it's a stretch that Warner Bros. will premiere a teaser with PACIFIC RIM? 'Cause I don't.
Gareth Evans' GODZILLA opens May 16th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 215 total posts 11 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 25 total posts 8 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 567 total posts 5 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Eric Bana Wants to DELIVER US FROM EVIL in this New Trailer! -- 47 total posts 4 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 80 total posts 4 posts
- SXSW 2014: Jeremy Finds THAT GUY DICK MILLER A Warm, Worthy Tribute To A National Treasure! -- 10 total posts 4 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts