BIOSHOCK's Ken Levine Writing LOGAN'S RUN Script!!!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Exciting news! Deadline is reporting that Ken Levine, co-founder of Irrational Games and creater of the Bioshock franchise, has been hired by Warner Bros. to script the remake of LOGAN'S RUN.
Warner Bros. has been trying to get an updated version of the film off the ground for awhile now. At one point, Bryan Singer was developing it, then it was taken up by Nicholas Winding Refn and would star Ryan Gosling (which, admittedly, would have been very cool). But now, it looks like they are opting to bring Levine in and start from scratch.
Levine and Irrational Games have garnerd praise from gamers and critics alike for their work on the Bioshock games. The most recent installment, Bioshock Infinite, was released in March, to massive acclaim.
Apparently, LOGAN'S RUN is a bit of a passion project for Levine, which I could totally see. With the dystopian setting and the morality themes at play, it seems like he would be all over it.
In fact, in a 2008 interview with Eurogamer, Levine cited the 1976 LOGAN'S RUN as an artistic inspiration for Bioshock.
I looked at a guy like Andrew Ryan [Rapture's creator] - and a lot of guys that have a strong belief in a philosophy - and they always have great ideals. The trouble is philosophies are these ideals and people are not ideal. And what happens when people mix up with these ideals? That's what Rapture is - really interesting ideas screwed up by the fact that we're people.
I have to be honest, this is pretty much the coolest thing I've read all week. I absolutely love the work that Levine did on the Bioshock games. He is a phenomenal story teller, and I can't wait to see what he does with those skills in a new medium. Especially on a project that is so obviously in his wheelhouse.
What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 214 total posts 83 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 92 total posts 57 posts
- Quint has seen Gareth Edwards and Legendary's Godzilla presentation at SXSW! Full on Kaiju badassery! -- 37 total posts 37 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 97 total posts 25 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 81 total posts 22 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 91 total posts 15 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 80 total posts 14 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 131 total posts 13 posts
- International OCULUS Poster Has Arrived! -- 12 total posts 12 posts