Jennifer Lopez Joins the Cast of THE 33!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
A bit of casting news for you today, via THR. Jennifer Lopez has signed on to the upcoming THE 33. The film will chronicle the cave-in at the San José mine in Chile during the summer of 2010. Thirty-three miners were trapped a half-mile below the surface for a harrowing sixty-nine days, before finally being rescued.
No word yet on her role in the film, but Lopez joins Antonio Bandares, Martin Sheen and Rodrigo Santoro. The film is being scripted by Mikko Alanne and Jose Rivera (THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES), and will be directed by Patricia Riggen (LA MISMA LUNA).
I imagine the film will be something like THE DESCENT, but much more heart-warming and with no troggs. Either way, I will probably have a claustrophobia-driven panic attack while watching it.
THE 33 is set to begin filming in Chile later this fall.
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 209 total posts 68 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 377 total posts 50 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 140 total posts 32 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 45 total posts 27 posts
- Meet The GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Disney Infinity Style!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts