Jennifer Lopez Joins the Cast of THE 33!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
A bit of casting news for you today, via THR. Jennifer Lopez has signed on to the upcoming THE 33. The film will chronicle the cave-in at the San José mine in Chile during the summer of 2010. Thirty-three miners were trapped a half-mile below the surface for a harrowing sixty-nine days, before finally being rescued.
No word yet on her role in the film, but Lopez joins Antonio Bandares, Martin Sheen and Rodrigo Santoro. The film is being scripted by Mikko Alanne and Jose Rivera (THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES), and will be directed by Patricia Riggen (LA MISMA LUNA).
I imagine the film will be something like THE DESCENT, but much more heart-warming and with no troggs. Either way, I will probably have a claustrophobia-driven panic attack while watching it.
THE 33 is set to begin filming in Chile later this fall.
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Rumor Has It Another Character Is Returning To STAR WARS... -- 270 total posts 270 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 244 total posts 135 posts
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 256 total posts 128 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 207 total posts 42 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 132 total posts 22 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 179 total posts 20 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 36 total posts 13 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 398 total posts 12 posts