AICN Toys: Hot Toys MAN OF STEEL, Sideshow Cobra Commander, Medicom Life-Size Gizmo, Neca PACIFIC RIM, And More!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few toy lines that are making news this week. As always click on the photos for an embiggened look and for more information check out the preorder links.
MAN OF STEEL FROM HOT TOYS
The new Superman movie directed by Zack Synder and produced by Christopher Nolan reboots the character of Kal-El with epic action sequences, beautiful art direction and a terrific score from Hans Zimmer. Hot Toys will commemorate the film with this 1/6 scale Man of Steel action figure featuring Henry Cavill’s likeness. The figure will also have a finely designed costume with embossed pattern, his iconic red cape and a 1:1 scale Kryptonian comman key. It will fly into action in the first quarter of 2014 or you can preorder him here. By the way, I posted a mostly spoiler-free video review of the film here.
COBRA COMMANDER FROM SssssssIDESHOW COLLECTIBLESssssssssssss
Cobra’s ruthless dictator will soon get the deluxe figure treatment. Cobra Commander comes dressed in his iconic uniform with two alternate heads (the chrome mask and hood). He also features a Cobra scepter, ceremonial dagger, a cape, broom handled Mauser pistol, multiple hands and a Sideshow exclusive laser pistol. His bid for world domination begins in November or you can preorder him here.
LIFE-SIZE GIZMO FROM MEDICOM
Whatever you do, promise me that you won't feed this cuddly guy after midnight. Gizmo features realistic faux fur, moveable eyes, multiple points of articulation, three baby Mogwai, and a pair of 3D glasses. He ships in October or he’s available for pre-order here.
PACIFIC RIM KNIFEHEAD FROM NECA
In the upcoming film Pacific Rim, large robots piloted by humans will take on giant monsters from another dimension. NECA would like you to meet one of those monsters. Knifehead represents one of the toxic terrors from the bottom of the ocean. This 7-inch scale figure was created directly from the digital files ILM used to composite the effects from the movie. Pacific Rim releases on July 12 with this figure, Gipsy Danger and Crimson Typhoon hitting toy shelves later this month.
DEADPOOL SDCC 2013 EXCLUSIVE FROM HASBRO
Deadpool teams up with alternate universe versions of himself in a new figure set from Hasbro. The 3.75-inch Marvel Universe editions of Deadpool, Lady Deadpool and Champion of the Universe, along with figurines of Kidpool, Dogpool and Squirrelpool will come packed in individual “taco shells,” inside a collectible taco truck box. Following the convention, a limited number will be available on HasbroToyShop.com. These will run you $49.99 at Comic-con booth #3329. And finally this week, toy reviewer John Carlos McMaster takes a closer look at the new 1/6 scale X3 version of Wolverine from Hot Toys:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 328 total posts 263 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 230 total posts 230 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 161 total posts 100 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 449 total posts 93 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 69 total posts 69 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 288 total posts 59 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- BIG HERO 6 Coming To Disney Infinity 2.0!! And STAR WARS!? -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- A New Poster For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE (It Has A Great Cast)!! -- 42 total posts 42 posts