AICN Toys: Hot Toys MAN OF STEEL, Sideshow Cobra Commander, Medicom Life-Size Gizmo, Neca PACIFIC RIM, And More!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few toy lines that are making news this week. As always click on the photos for an embiggened look and for more information check out the preorder links.
MAN OF STEEL FROM HOT TOYS
The new Superman movie directed by Zack Synder and produced by Christopher Nolan reboots the character of Kal-El with epic action sequences, beautiful art direction and a terrific score from Hans Zimmer. Hot Toys will commemorate the film with this 1/6 scale Man of Steel action figure featuring Henry Cavill’s likeness. The figure will also have a finely designed costume with embossed pattern, his iconic red cape and a 1:1 scale Kryptonian comman key. It will fly into action in the first quarter of 2014 or you can preorder him here. By the way, I posted a mostly spoiler-free video review of the film here.
COBRA COMMANDER FROM SssssssIDESHOW COLLECTIBLESssssssssssss
Cobra’s ruthless dictator will soon get the deluxe figure treatment. Cobra Commander comes dressed in his iconic uniform with two alternate heads (the chrome mask and hood). He also features a Cobra scepter, ceremonial dagger, a cape, broom handled Mauser pistol, multiple hands and a Sideshow exclusive laser pistol. His bid for world domination begins in November or you can preorder him here.
LIFE-SIZE GIZMO FROM MEDICOM
Whatever you do, promise me that you won't feed this cuddly guy after midnight. Gizmo features realistic faux fur, moveable eyes, multiple points of articulation, three baby Mogwai, and a pair of 3D glasses. He ships in October or he’s available for pre-order here.
PACIFIC RIM KNIFEHEAD FROM NECA
In the upcoming film Pacific Rim, large robots piloted by humans will take on giant monsters from another dimension. NECA would like you to meet one of those monsters. Knifehead represents one of the toxic terrors from the bottom of the ocean. This 7-inch scale figure was created directly from the digital files ILM used to composite the effects from the movie. Pacific Rim releases on July 12 with this figure, Gipsy Danger and Crimson Typhoon hitting toy shelves later this month.
DEADPOOL SDCC 2013 EXCLUSIVE FROM HASBRO
Deadpool teams up with alternate universe versions of himself in a new figure set from Hasbro. The 3.75-inch Marvel Universe editions of Deadpool, Lady Deadpool and Champion of the Universe, along with figurines of Kidpool, Dogpool and Squirrelpool will come packed in individual “taco shells,” inside a collectible taco truck box. Following the convention, a limited number will be available on HasbroToyShop.com. These will run you $49.99 at Comic-con booth #3329. And finally this week, toy reviewer John Carlos McMaster takes a closer look at the new 1/6 scale X3 version of Wolverine from Hot Toys:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 164 total posts 23 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 124 total posts 16 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 341 total posts 14 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 61 total posts 12 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 170 total posts 12 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 63 total posts 11 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 550 total posts 10 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 27 total posts 9 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 73 total posts 7 posts
- AICN Austin's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Screening at Alamo Lakeline is set! Come join the fun! -- 6 total posts 6 posts